If you would like to upgrade your Matric results, you can apply for any of the following courses:
To qualify for these courses, you must have completed Matric before. Here are the documents you require:
You should also meet these entry requirements:
- Be comfortable studying through distance learning
- Understand, read and write English
When Can I Register For Matric Upgrade?
Can I Upgrade My Matric Results In 6 Months?
Can I Upgrade My Matric Results After 5 Years?
You may also upgrade your Matric results as many times as you like. We do not have a limit to the number of times you can upgrade your Matric.
Can I Upgrade My Matric At UNISA?
No, you cannot upgrade your Matric at UNISA. They are always encouraging their students to upgrade their marks if they want to gain admission to the courses offered at UNISA.
Benefits Of Matric College
Completing any course at Matric College will benefit your career. Here is why you should choose us:
- You can apply with or without a Matric Certificate. We offer courses that Matric Certificates and other courses that do not require Matric.
- We are a distance learning college. This means that you can work and study at the same time.
- You will get an affordable education. Distance learning courses are way more affordable than university courses, which means that you will save money.
- Study at the pace that suits you. You can submit your assignments whenever you are ready, as long as it is within the duration of your course.
- Register any time. We do not have a closing date for any of our courses, which allows you to apply whenever you are ready.
- Get assisted in your preferred language. Combined, our Course Experts speak 11 languages:
- Northern Sotho and Southern Sotho
How Do Upgrade Marks Work?
Once you have upgraded your marks with us, you will have to apply to the Department of Basic Education (DBE) to combine your old marks with your improved marks. This process does not happen automatically.
This means that you will have two Matric Certificates, which you should use when you apply for work or further studies. You have to apply with both.
What Is The Difference Between A Supplementary Exam And Upgrading Matric?
|Supplementary Exam||Matric Upgrade|
|You have to be 21 and younger to apply.||You can apply at any age.|
|You will not receive any study material.||We will send you all the relevant study material and past papers.|
|You can only write the subjects you previously wrote.||You can change your subjects.|
Can You Do Matric In 3 Months?
Yes, you can do your Matric in (3) three months if you are completing the Matric Upgrade Course at Matric College. This means that you must register in January to write the exams in May and June, which means that you should already have completed Matric in the past.
If you do not have Matric and have not completed Matric before, you can apply for our Adult Matric Course. Here is what you need to qualify:
Can You Go To University Without Matric?
No, you cannot go to university without Matric. The minimum requirements for university is:
- An APS Score that the university thinks is good
- A Bachelor’s Degree Pass and some universities accept a Diploma Pass
Subjects that are relevant to the course that you are applying for
Each university has its own entry requirements. Always do your research months before applying. This allows you to choose subjects suited for your future career.
Can I Change My Subjects After Matric?
Yes, you can change your subjects after Matric if you are applying for our Matric Upgrade Course.
Where Can I Study If I Failed Matric?
Here are the courses that you can study if you have failed Matric:
Is Rewriting Matric A Good Idea?
How Much Does It Cost To Rewrite Your Matric?
Author: Jesmé Africa
Editor: Connor Bergsma
Date Published: June 14, 2022