It is never too late to finish your matric year. With Matric College, you can complete your matric certificate no matter how many years you have been out of school.
Finishing your matric will give your confidence and countless opportunities, so why wait?
Here is everything you need to know about Adult Matric:
- How it works
- What is it?
- Application requirements
- How long does it take?
- The difference between an adult matric and a high school matric certificate?
- How we work
How Adult Matric Works
If you were not able to pass matric, there is still a chance for you to complete your matric year.
With Matric College, you get a second chance and finish off your schooling and propel your career the right way.
It works like this: you apply for the course, complete the course in the allocated amount of time and then you will graduate with a matric certificate.
There is no difference between a high school matric certificate and an Adult Matric certificate.
What is Adult Matric?
Adult Matric is a second chance for anybody who was unable to complete their matric year. Once you apply for your adult matric, Matric College will help you choose 6 subjects that are right for you and help prepare you for your examinations. We will help you study more efficiently so that it reflects in your marks.
Getting your matric certificate means that you can apply to universities and make your way towards a degree. It is never too late to start preparing for your career.
Application Requirements for Adult Matric
There are not many requirements needed to complete this course. If you are interested in applying for your Adult Matric, theses are the requirements you must meet:
- Grade 9 certificate: To apply, you need to have your grade 9 certificate. Please keep in mind that you cannot apply with an affidavit.
- You must be over the age of 21: You must be at least 21 to be able to write the exams. If you are not 21 by the time of the examinations, you will not be allowed to take them.
The Difference Between a High School Matric Certificate and an Adult Matric
Adult Matric is a distance learning course. That means that it is less expensive than a classroom based course would be.
For more information about the fees, please contact Matric College on 012 762 7100 and speak to one of our course experts.
How we work
Step 1 – Registration
The first step to getting your adult matric is the registration. At this part of the process, we will help you choose the right subjects for your adult matric course. We will then help prepare you to do as well as possible in your chosen subject fields .
We help you focus on the subjects where you need better marks or for a university course that you may be interested in. This helps you to study more effectively and make better use of the time you have to prepare for the exams.
Step 2 – Delivery
The delivery is on us. Once you have successfully registered and made your first payment, we will send you a package containing your study material. This is the first delivery. You will receive your first package within 5 – 7 days after your first payment was made, via courier.
The second delivery of study material will be sent to you as soon as you have paid your second monthly instalment. It will continue this way until you have paid your course fees and received all your material. In cases where students pay the course in full, all study materials will be couriered in one batch.
Once you are registered with us, you can start as soon as you receive your first study material. You do not have to buy any textbooks, because we provide you with the correct textbooks.
Step 3 – Preparation
You will not be alone in the preparation of your course. We will give you all the support you need by helping you work through the study materials, old exam papers and extra study materials we have developed and found online.
An online tutor is available to you as a student of Matric College. You will be able to contact your tutor online, on WhatsApp, on email and on the phone. We assist you every step of the way, to make sure you get the results you want.
Step 4 – Exam
We make the necessary arrangements for you to write your exam. We will assist with your exam registration. We always try to make sure that the venue is the closest one to you.
Why Should You Choose an Adult Matric?
There are many reasons why you should finally get your matric certificate. Here are a few:
- Increase your career options: With a matric certificate, you can open many doors. Just by having grade 12, you will be able to increase your career options.
- University will be an option: If you do not have a matric certificate, you cannot study at a university level. With one, you can get a degree.
- Earn more: Having a matric certificate doubles your earning potential. Without a matric certificate, you will earn half as much than somebody with one.
- Confidence: Having finished school will give you a new sense of confidence and accomplishment.
- Get hired: You are more likely to get hired by a company if you have a matric certificate.
- Distance learning: Adult matric is completed via distance learning. That means you can study from the comfort of your home. You can also work whilst you study. See below for more reasons to choose distance learning.
Choosing Distance Learning
Distance learning can be a great idea for any busy individual. The adult matric course at Matric College is correspondence, that means that you have a flexible study schedule.
There are many more benefits that come with distance learning. These include:
- No classes: Since you will not have to go to class, you can actually work from home. You can also work in any other space that you see fit.
- Save money: Not going to classes means that you do not have to spend money on transport.
- Online assistants: Matric College has online assistants and groups that can help you if you are stuck. With our course, you will always have academic support.
- Cost-effective payments: Distance learning courses are cheaper than contact learning courses. Our adult matric course includes study material. You will not have to pay extra for it.
- Work while you study: You can have a job at the same time as furthering your education. This means that while you are getting your matric certificate, you can still make money.
Thinking of registering for an Adult Matric course? Matric College offers an adult matric course that can be started with only a grade 9 certificate.
If you are interested, why not call us on 012 762 7100 to register or to speak to one of our course experts. Or you can fill out this form and we will call you.
Author: Andrea Frisby