Rewrite Matric – Amended Senior Certificate
A Matric Rewrite gives you the chance to rewrite your matric exams. This could be because you did not do well enough to pass, or you just want to improve your marks to get into the course of your choosing.
Watch our College Principal explain the options you have to Rewrite Matric.
|Course||Course: Amended Senior Certificate|
|Programme Type||National Qualification|
|Award Type||Senior Certificate|
|Award Issued By||Umalusi|
|Course Duration||12 to 24 months recommended|
|NQF Level||Level 4|
|SAQA ID Number||49647|
Rewriting Though Matric College
With Matric College, you can choose to rewrite your matric exams. To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have written your matric exams already: To be able to rewrite your matric exams, you have to have already written your exams. Only then can you improve your results.
- Be able to read and write in English OR Afrikaans: You can choose to rewrite your matric exams in either English or Afrikaans, depending on your preference. You must be able to read and write in the language that you choose.
- You are 21 at the time of writing your exams: You can apply to rewrite your matric exams through Matric College at 19 years old. However, you have to be 21 when you write your exams.
Matric College Rewrite Subjects
When you choose to rewrite your matric exams through Matric College, you have to choose from a selection of compulsory and optional subjects.
When it comes to compulsory subjects, you have to choose a Home Language, an Additional Language, and a Mathematics Subject:
- English Home Language.
- English 1st Additional Language.
- Afrikaans Huistaal (Home Language).
- Afrikaans 1st Additional Language.
- isiXhosa 1st Additional Language.
- isiZulu 1st Additional Language.
- Sepedi 1st Additional Language.
- Xitsonga 1st Additional Language.
- Ndebele 1st Additional Language.
- Sotho 1st Additional Language.
- Tshivenda 1st Additional Language.
- Siswati 1st Additional Language.
- Setswana 1st Additional Language.
- Mathematics Literacy.
Reasons to Rewrite Though Matric College
When you choose to rewrite your matric through Matric College, there are many benefits that you can expect. These include:
- Choosing new subjects: Rewriting your matric exams with Matric College means that you can choose new matric subjects for your matric finals. This comes very in handy if you are either looking for subjects that are more manageable or that meet tertiary course requirements.
- Tutors assistance: Matric College offers all students tutor assistance from 8 am to 5 pm every weekday.
- Academic feedback: You will be able to send all of your practice assessments to tutors for marking. The feedback you receive from our experts will help you improve in the sections where you might be struggling.
- Work from home: Since Matric College is a distance learning institution, you can complete your studies in the comfort of your home
- There is no subject limit: With other matric rewrite programmes, you are often only allowed to rewrite one or two. With Matric College, you can choose to rewrite one, a few, or all of your subjects.
Please note that Matric College does NOT offer any classes or tutoring or help for students who are aiming for a rewrite and who are younger than 21 years of age. Our matric programme is only for students older than 21 years of age.
Second Chance Matric Programme (The Department of Education)
The Department of Education started the Second Chance Matric Programme to help students who failed their matric year.
With this initiative, you are able to rewrite the matric exams you failed to meet the minimum requirements needed to pass your matric year.
There are many benefits that come with rewriting your matric certificate. These include:
- More career opportunities: When it comes to applying for jobs, many require that you have a matric certificate. Candidates who have a matric certificate, are more likely to get the job.
- Further your education: With a matric certificate, you can further your education at a tertiary level. Your overall matric pass rate will determine which courses you will get to choose.
- Employment: With a matric certificate you will have a greater chance of finding employment. 55% of all unemployed South Africans do not have a matric certificate.
- Confidence: By completing your matric certificate, you will have a lot more confidence in yourself. This is because you will have achieved an educational qualification, have more job opportunities, and be able to earn a higher salary.
Who Can Apply?
You can apply for a Matric Rewrite if you meet the following criteria:
- You completed your matric exams.
- You did not meet the National Senior Certificate pass requirements.
- You are only looking to rewrite subjects that you failed.
- You need to rewrite only 1 or 2 exam papers.
If you are only looking to upgrade your matric marks, your best option would be a Matric Upgrade course.
Matric Rewrite Subjects offered by the Department of Education
Where Can I Apply For a Matric Rewrite?
How Much Does It Cost to Rewrite Matric?
Can I Rewrite My Matric Online?
With Matric College, you are able to study for your matric rewrite through distance learning. That means that you can study everything that you need from the comfort of your home.
Once you are ready to write your exams, you will have to write your exams at an examination centre closest to you. Your examinations will not be written online.
Can I Rewrite Matric in 6 Months?
No, you cannot rewrite your matric in 6 months. Your matric course is essentially 3 years of coursework. This is especially true when you change your subjects.
Our matric rewrite exams consist of the subject coursework from grade 10-12.
Can I Rewrite Matric With UNISA?
No, you cannot rewrite your matric through UNISA. In order to study through UNISA, you must have a matric certificate.
UNISA also offers higher certificate courses, diploma courses and degree programmes.
Register for a Matric Rewrite 2021
When it comes to registering for your matric rewrite, there are a few things you will need. Here is everything you need to know:
- Application requirements.
- Documents needed to apply.
In order to apply for a matric rewrite, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be 21 when writing your exams.
- You must be able to read and write in EITHER English or Afrikaans.
- You must have completed your matric exams already.
Documents Needed to Apply
Here are the documents you need to apply:
- Your matric results.
- A Certified Copy of your ID.
There are other options that you can follow. These include:
- Adult Matric.
- Matric Upgrade.
- Matric Equivalent Certificates.
A course in Adult Matric gives you the opportunity to complete your matric certificate no matter how many years you have been out of school.
The matric certificate that you get at the end of your Adult Matric course is the same certificate that you would have received after high school. Both are accredited by Umalusi.
Having a matric certificate means that you are able to:
- Get more employment opportunities.
- Further your education.
- Earn a higher salary.
Matric Equivalent Certificates
Matric equivalent certificates are on the same NQF level as matric certificates. Both certificates are NQF level 4 but follow different methods of learning.
Traditional matric certificates give students a broader sense of learning and help prepare students for a variety of tertiary education courses.
Matric Equivalent Certificates give students a more specialised set of skills in a single area. This can include accounting and business management.
Once you have achieved a matric equivalent certificate, you will be able to move straight into a career within your specialised skill field. This is different from a matric certificate as you will not get these specific skills in high school and will be unable to have the same job opportunities as somebody with a matric equivalent certificate.
Study Without a Matric Certificate
Matric College also offers courses that you can study without a matric certificate. These include:
- Skill Based Courses.
- Accredited Courses.
- Scarce Skill Courses.
Skill Based Courses
Beauty Courses give you a wide variety of skills that can help anybody start within the beauty industry. Each of the following beauty courses offered at Matric College does not require a matric certificate:
- Short Course in Nail Care
- Comprehensive Certificate in Nail Car
- Proficiency Certificate in Nail Care e
- Short Course in Make-Up Application
- Comprehensive Certificate in Make-Up Application
- Proficiency Certificate in Make-Up Application
- Short Course in Facial Skincare
- Comprehensive Course in Facial Skincare
- Proficiency Certificate in Facial Skincare
Educare and Childcare
These Educare and Childcare courses at Matric College do not require a matric certificate to get started:
- Short Course in Crèche Management
- Comprehensive Certificate in Crèche Management
- Certificate in Crèche Management
- Short Course in Child Day Care
- Proficiency Certificate in Child Day Care
- Comprehensive Certificate in Child Day Care
Tourism and Guesthouse
If you are looking to start or improve your career in Tourism and Guesthouse management, Matric College has courses that you can study without a matric certificate.
- Short Course in Guest House Management
- Comprehensive Certificate in Guest House Management
- Proficiency Certificate in Guest House Management
Event and Wedding Planning
Event and wedding planning courses can help start or grow your career. These Event and Wedding Planning courses can be started without a matric certificate:
- Short Course in Wedding Planning
- Comprehensive Certificate in Wedding Planning
- Proficiency Certificate in Wedding Planning
Accredited Courses can help you become career-ready for a specific profession. These courses are also highly regarded by employers and can boost your employment chances.
National Qualification (NATED) Courses
NATED Courses are also known as National Qualification Courses. These courses are designed by the Department of Higher Education and Training to give students both practical and theoretical experience.
Whilst most NATED courses can be started with a matric equivalent certificate, some of them can only be applied for with a matric certificate.
Here are the NATED courses that you can study with Matric College:
- N4 National Certificate in Business Management
- N5 National Certificate in Business Management
- N6 National Certificate in Business Management
Educare (Requires a matric certificate)
- N4 National Certificate in Educare
- N5 National Certificate in Educare
- N6 National Certificate in Educare
- N4 National Certificate in Financial Management
- N5 National Certificate in Financial Management
- N6 National Certificate in Financial Management
- N4 National Certificate in Human Resource Management
- N5 National Certificate in Human Resource Management
- N6 National Certificate in Human Resource Management
Legal Secretary (Requires a matric certificate)
- N4 National Certificate in Legal Secretary
- N5 National Certificate in Legal Secretary
- N6 National Certificate in Legal Secretary
- N4 National Certificate in Management Assistant
- N5 National Certificate in Management Assistant
- N6 National Certificate in Management Assistant
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers offers 3 main study steams:
- National Certificate in Junior Bookkeeping
- FET Certificate in Senior Bookkeeping
- National Diploma in Technical Financial Accounting
- National Diploma in Certified Financial Accounting
- National Certificate in Small Business Financial Management
- Higher Certificate in Office Administration
- National Diploma in Financial Accounting
Office Administration (Requires a matric certificate)