Are you good at working with numbers? Is bookkeeping or accounting a likely career path in your future? Have a look at our ICB junior bookkeeping course.
Matric College offers an ICB Junior bookkeeping course that will teach you all you need to know about financial management and accounting!
Watch our College Principal explain everything you need to know about our ICB Financial Accounting courses.
|Course||ICB Junior Bookkeeping|
|Award Type||National Certificate and a Programme Completion Certificate|
|Award Issued By||FASSET will issue your National Qualification, and, the ICB will issue you a Programme Completion Certificate.|
|Course Duration||16 Months|
|Grade 10 Certificate|
What is Junior Bookkeeping?
Junior Bookkeepers are in charge of handling the day-to-day financial process of a business. This includes:
- Assisting the Bookkeeper in making relevant account changes
- Assisting in balancing accounts
- Maintaining bookkeeping records
- Copying and filing information
It's a scarce skill
Bookkeeping is a scarce skill and so is any other course in financial management. This means that junior bookkeepers are in demand in South Africa and won’t struggle to find employment.
Bookkeeping and Accounting is also something that can be done anywhere.
Why study an ICB accredited course?
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers are an internationally recognised institution that offers business related courses.
All courses are long-distance learning which means you save money on transport. You can also study while you work and do it at your own pace.
Having a ICB accredited qualification means that you can work anywhere and still have your qualification recognised. Finding employment is always easier if your employer knows the high quality institution where you studied.
If you’re thinking of studying Junior Bookkeeping, here’s what you need to know:
- Programme type: Partner Program
- Award type: National Certificate and Program Completion Certificate
- Awards issued by: FASSET will issue your National Qualification and the ICB will issue your Program Completion Certificate
- Accredited by: QCTO
- Course duration: 16 Months
These are the entry requirements needed to be able to apply for the course:
- Grade 10 certificate: You don’t need a matric certificate to apply! All you need is proof that you completed and passed grade 10
- Ability to read and write in English: Because the course is taught in English, you’ll need to be able to read and write in English to qualify.No additional accounting knowledge is necessary: That’s right! You don’t need to have any previous accounting knowledge because here you’ll start with the basics.
Unable to meet the course requirements?
Want to study towards an ICB qualification but don’t meet the standard requirements? Apply for the Bridging Course!
The bridging course is perfect for students who want to further their studies towards an ICB qualification, but they don’t meet the standard entry requirements.
When looking to study Junior Bookkeeping, these are the subjects that you can expect to encounter.
- Introduction to Business English
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Business Literacy
More financial courses to choose from
If you’d like to explore more financial courses, here are a few more that Matric College offers.
Get in touch
Jan Badenhorst, CEO of Matric College talks about Financial Accounting and ICB
Last Updated: Sanel Van Staden, 28 July 2021