What You Need To Know About Matric Equivalent Certificates
- The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers offers 2 courses that double as matric equivalent certificates.
- Matric equivalent certificates are a better choice for students who cannot go to university. With a matric equivalent certificate, they will learn a specialised set of skills and can start working.
- All the courses offered by ICB are scarce skills. That means that with an ICB qualification you are more likely to find employment.
Matric equivalent certificates are more beneficial for students who do not do well in academia. They are also a better choice for individuals who are unable to go to university.
Here is everything you need to know about matric equivalent certificates.
Equivalent Certificates Offered by ICB
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is a distance learning institution that offers courses in business and financial management. Each of their courses are internationally recognised and are highly regarded by employers. This means that you are more likely to find a job based on your ICB qualification.
Two of the qualifications that they offer double as matric equivalent certificates:
Further Education and Training Certificate: Bookkeeping is an NQF level 4 qualification worth 130 credits. Not only is this course a qualification in bookkeeping, but it also doubles as a matric equivalent certificate.
You cannot start this certificate with no prior learning. The requirements are as follows. To apply for this matric equivalent certificate you need:
- ICB Junior Bookkeeping Certificate (A grade 10 certificate is required to apply).
National Certificate Small Business Financial Management
National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management is an NQF level 4 course worth 120 credits. This certificate also doubles as a matric equivalent certificate but is also a qualification in business financial management.
To apply for this qualification, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Grade 11 certificate
- If you do not have the above, you can apply with an NQF Level 3 certificate.
Why You Should Choose a Matric Equivalent Certificate
Matric is not everything. If you leave school after receiving your grade 10 certificate and work towards a matric equivalent, you gain more skills.
For example, if you leave school after grade 10 and further your education towards the FET bookkeeping certificate you will:
- Be able to work in a specialised field: This would not be possible with an ordinary matric certificate. This is because matric certificates are not specialised and help academic students access higher education.
- Find a job relatively easily because it is a scarce skill: Even though you have not finished high school, you will find a job relatively easily. That is because scarce skills like those offered by ICB are in high demand.
- Earn a respectable salary: Not only will scarce skills find you employment but they will also ensure that you earn a respectable salary.
- Build a successful career: Now that you have a specialised set of skills, you can start working. That means that without even finishing high school you can start building a successful career. You can also study your way to a diploma. That is only one step below a degree.
Studying a Matric Equivalent Certificate
Author: Andrea Frisby