If you’re wanting to further your education in the financial or business management sector, look no further! Matric College offers a range of ICB courses that will take you one step further to your goal career!
ICB Business Management Courses
ICB Office Administration Courses
ICB Financial Accounting Courses
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is held in high regard by many employers. Alongside this, there are many reasons why you should choose to study with ICB:
- Scarce skills: Each of the study streams offered by ICB are regarded as scarce skills. This means that not only will your skills be in high demand, but you will also earn a respectable salary.
- Preferred by employers: ICB qualifications are preferred by employers because of their high-quality education. By just having an ICB qualification, you are more likely to find employment.
- Internationally recognised: All ICB qualifications are both nationally and internationally recognised. That means that you can work anywhere you find yourself.
- Further, your education: Each ICB qualification that you do, allows you to further your education just a little bit more. In some cases, you can move on to study at a university level.
- Study via distance learning: Matric College offers all ICB courses via distance learning. That means that you can design your study schedule around work and other responsibilities. Not to mention that you can study from the comfort of your home, in your own time.
- Save money: If you choose distance learning, you will have to pay less than with contact learning. You will also end up paying less money on transport, accommodation and other requirements needed when studying via contact or classroom learning.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers acts as an examination body and is not in control of course material. Instead, you can choose a college to study through, such as Matric College.
Our ICB Courses
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers offers courses in business and financial management. All of which are considered to be scarce or critical skills in South Africa. They have three main study streams:
Here is a comprehensive breakdown of all three study streams offered by ICB.
Finance, business and profitability occupy the average day of a financial accountant. If you are interested in maths, numbers and the financial state of a company, then this might be the right choice for you.
This study stream includes the following courses, each of which builds upon the previous:
To apply for the first course in the Financial Accounting study steam, you must meet these requirements:
- Have a grade 10 certificate or equivalent.
- Be able to read and write in English.
With a Financial Accounting qualification, you can branch into any of the following careers:
- Audit Management
- Credit Controller
- Business Analyst
- Accounting Technician
Business Management has everything to do with the starting, growing, and maintaining of a profitable business.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, a drive for ambition, and a work-centered mindset, Business Management is the right career for you.
Matric College offers the following course in the ICB Business Management stream:
To apply, you must have the following:
- Grade 11 certificate or equivalent.
- The ability to read and write in English.
With a qualification in Business Management, you can go into many different careers. These include:
- Marketing Assistant
- Office Manager
- Office Administrator
- Business Adviser
Office Administrators keep everything in an office running smoothly. These professionals are also the face of a company. Their job includes answering calls, receiving clients and planning meetings.
If you are a people’s person, organised and ready to learn everything you can about each office department, then Office Administration is for you.
These courses fall under the ICB Office Administration study stream:
To apply successfully you must:
- Have a matric certificate or equivalent.
- Be able to read and write in English.
You can branch into the following careers after completing your Office Administration qualification:
- Junior Office Administrator
- Office Assistant
- Public Relations Officer
- Marketing Administrator
- Senior Office Administrator
- General Office Manager
Choosing an ICB course will drastically improve your career prospects, so why wait? To register or find out more, give us a call on 012 762 7100 and speak to one of our course experts.
Jan Badenhorst, CEO of Matric College, discusses everything you need to know about ICB Courses
All our ICB Study Programmes
Author: Andrea Frisby
Last Updated: Sanel Van Staden