ICB Financial Accounting
ICB Financial Accounting
Are you good at running numbers? Do you enjoy working in a financial environment? Then Financial Accounting might be just for you! Matric College offers an ICB accredited Financial Accounting Course.
Our course will give you diploma-level skills and knowledge to help you achieve your dream career.
|Course||ICB Financial Accounting|
|Programme Type||Partner Programme|
|Award Type||National Certificate and a Programme Completion Certificate|
|Award Issued By||FASSET will issue your National Qualification, and, the ICB will issue you a Programme Completion Certificate.|
|Course Duration||36 Months|
|Entrance Criteria||Successful completion of the ICB National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting OR Be a qualified Certified Technical Financial Accountant|
What is financial accounting?
Financial accounting is a very specific branch of accounting that is an integral part of making any company run. The duties of financial accountants are as follows:
- Recording and summarizing transactions
- Accurately prepare financial reports
- Planning budgets
- Preventing fraud
- Compiling cash flow statements
It's a scarce skill
Financial accounting, with many other aspects of financial management, is a scarce skill in South Africa. This means that a financial accounting qualification is in high demand and so you won’t struggle to find employment.
Why study an ICB accredited course?
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is an internationally reputable institution that offers courses in business and financial management. With an ICB accredited qualification, you can work anywhere in South Africa. Employers are well aware of the high quality nature of ICB qualification and are more likely to give you a job!
- Programme type: Partner Programme
- Award type: National Certificate and a Programme Completion Certificate
- Awards issued by: FASSET will issue your National Qualification and the ICB will issue your Programme Completion Certificate.
- Accredited by: QCTO
- Course duration: 36 Months
In order to apply for the ICB Financial Accounting Course, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be able to read and write in English: As the course and coursework will be in English, you will be required to read and write in English.
- Have successfully completed the ICB National Diploma in Technical Financial Accounting: To apply for the ICB financial accounting course, you must have completed the ICB national diploma.
- Be a qualified Certified Technical Financial Accountant: If you haven’t completed the diploma mentioned above, you must be a certified technical financial accountant to apply for this course.
Unable to meet the course requirements?
Want to study towards an ICB qualification but don’t meet the standard requirements? Apply for the Bridging Course!
The bridging course is perfect for students who want to further their studies towards an ICB qualification, but they don’t meet the standard entry requirements.
Our ICB Financial Accounting Courses:
You can expect the following subjects as part of the ICB Financial Accounting Course:
- Introduction to Business English
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
- Computerized Bookkeeping
- Business Literacy
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Income Tax Returns
- Business Law and Accounting Control
- Corporate Strategy
- Management Accounting Control Systems
- Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks
- Research Theory and Practise
Get in touch
Other Financial Accounting Courses
Author: Andrea Frisby
Last Updated: Elzanne Van Niekerk , 13 July 2021