Amended National Senior Certificate
The Amended National Senior Certificate is a programme that was created specifically for adults over the age of 21 who do not have a matric qualification.
How can I qualify for adult matric?
To qualify to write adult matric exams you have to meet the following requirements:
- You must be over the age of 21.
- Must have passed grade 9 or a grade 9 equivalent qualification.
Can I apply if I am 19 years old?
Yes you can, but there are conditions. If you are 19 years old, you cannot write your exams until you reach the age of 21.
If you register at 19 you need to keep the following in mind:
- You may only write your first matric exam when you are 21 years old.
- You must have completed grade 9 or a grade 9 equivalent qualification.
Here’s how it works:
- Register for adult matric at 19.
- Start studying your subjects.
- Turn 20 years old by the end of April 2022.
- Use all of next year to study.
- Register for your first exams.
- Start studying for the final exams.
- Turn 22 years old by the end of April 2023 to write the exams.
Click here to learn more about applying at the age of 19.
Matric College - Adult matric
Complete your matric with Matric College! When you study adult matric through Matric College you get to experience the following benefits:
- We help you choose subjects that are right for you.
- We help you focus on the subjects where you need improvement.
- We deliver your study material within 5-7 days.
- We help you study for your exams through study materials such as; past papers and study guides.
- Your tutor is available online, on WhatsApp, on email and on the phone.
Jan Badenhorst, CEO of Matric College, discusses everything you need to know about Adult Matric
Author: Omega Fumba