Upgrading Matric Results with Matric College
- Upgrading your matric is a great idea if you are looking to improve your marks. It can also help you change your subjects to suit your study choice.
- Many students are sometimes confused about how to combine matric results after upgrading. You can apply online for your consolidated certificate. After that, you take all your documents to the department of education. Or you can submit them online.
- Choosing a matric upgrade is a great way to build a successful career. There are other options to further your studies that do not involve a matric certificate.
Upgrading matric results is a great choice to make if you did not do as well as planned in your matric finals. Matric College offers you the change to improve your results. You will also know how to combine matric results after upgrading.
Here is everything you need to know about upgrading matric results
What Is a Matric Upgrade?
The great thing about upgrading matric results is that you can change your subjects to ones that your degree course requires or that might be easier for you to pass.
Once you have completed your matric upgrade, you can consolidate your original matric certificate with the subjects that you chose to improve.
Matric College is one of the most reputable matric upgrade colleges. For more about Matric College prices call us on 012 762 7100.
How To Combine Matric Results After Upgrading
After upgrading matric results means the consolidation of matric certificates and results.
Here is how to combine matric results after upgrading, follow these steps:
- Go to the nearest Department of Basic Education offices with your results from all examination settings.
- Take your original ID and a certified copy
- Proof of payment
The cost of a matric replacement certificate is R118.
Who is Matric College?
Matric College is a distance learning institution that offers courses you can study without a matric certificate.
They also offer Adult Matric which gives students who have left school a chance to finish their matric certificate. These matric courses can benefit any individual who decided to further their studies.
Why Should You Choose Matric College?
Distance learning is a great opportunity when thinking of furthering your education. Here are a few reasons to choose Matric College:
- Work from home: Since you do not have to go to class, you can work from the comfort of your home.
- It is cheaper than contact learning: Distance learning is cheaper than contact learning since you do not have to go into class.
- Save money: Now that you do not have to travel to class or move closer to an institution.
- Learning Support: With Matric College you have all the learning support you need. Tutorial groups, past papers and tutors to ensure that you will do the best that you can.
- Get your books delivered: Matric College delivers your books to your door. As soon as you have made your payments, your books will be delivered to your door at no extra cost. All of your study material is included in the fees.
Alternatives to Upgrading Matric Results
Second Chance Matric
The Second Chance Matric initiative allows you to rewrite your matric exams to get better marks. This way, you can be sure to still get a matric certificate if you prepare well for the exams.
Matric certificates are not everything. However, many good things come from having a matric certificate. These include:
- You can go to university: If you get a Bachelor’s Degree pass, you can go to university. Without a BD Pass matric certificate, you cannot go to university.
- You might find it easier to get a job: Many employers require that you show a matric certificate when you apply. Often you will only be shortlisted for a job if you have a matric certificate.
- Your pay will double: With a matric certificate your earning potential doubles from the earning potential you would have had with just a grade 11.
- You can further your education: With a matric certificate, you can further your education. Depending on your pass, you can study higher certificates, degrees, diplomas or NATED courses.
Study Without a Matric Certificate
Without a matric certificate, you can still build a successful career. These are many high-profile courses that you can study without matric.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is a distance learning institution. ICB offers 5 study streams. These include:
- Business Management
- Office Administration
- Financial Accounting
- Public Sector Accounting
Matric College courses include:
Whether you left school after grade 9 or failed your matric, you have the chance to re-do it. You can be 19 years of age when starting the Adult Matric course.
You have to be at least 21 years of age to write the Adult Matric exams. That means that you will have to study from 19 until the age of 21.
Matric Equivalent Certificates
Matric equivalent certificates are more useful than normal matric certificates for many students. Matric equivalent certificates give students specialised skills that allow them to move into a career.
With a matric certificate, you are not given specialised skills and will have to study further to get similar opportunities.
For example, if you leave school after grade 10, you can start studying ICB accounting towards a diploma. By the time you would have gotten to matric, you could have already started building your accounting career.
ICB Offers 2 certificates that double as matric equivalent certificates. These certificates can help you get into courses that require a matric certificate or equivalent:
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Bookkeeping – NQF level 4. SAQA ID 58376. Credits: 130
- National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management – NQF level 4. SAQA ID 48736. Credits: 120
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few frequently asked questions:
Can I Study Free Matric Online?
No, you cannot study free matric online.
Are there colleges that offer grade 11 and 12?
No. However you can do a matric equivalent certificate with a grade 10 certificate. You can also further your studies with a grade 10 or 11 certificates.
How to combine matric results after upgrading?
Click here to learn more about how to combine matric results after upgrading.
What is a Matric Upgrade?
Click here to learn more about a Matric Upgrade.
Do universities accept amended senior certificates?
Yes, they do. Once your certificate is amended it acts as a normal certificate.
Where can I find the results for the matric exams 2020?
For more information about finding your matric results, click here.
When is the matric rewrite 2021 registration?
Click here to learn more about the 2021 matric rewrite.
Author: Andrea Frisby