Date Published: January 6, 2021
If you are looking to have your past qualifications recognised when starting to study with ICB, there are a few things you should know:
- How RPL works
- Applying for RPL with ICB
- Price of RPL
- Documentation Needed for RPL
How RPL works
To get credits toward a qualification with ICB, you need to be considered for Recognition of Prior Learning. For this to be successful, you must meet the following guidelines:
- Your initial qualification must be registered on the NQF framework.
- You must have completed your last qualification in the last 5 years.
- If your qualification is over 5 years old, you must provide proof of recent work experience.
Applying for RPL with ICB
When applying for Recognition of Prior Learning with ICB, you must follow these steps:
- Go through the RPL guidelines set by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers.
- Pay the ICB RPL’s administration fee.
- Complete and submit this ICB Student Details form with your proof of payment.
- Upload a recent, up-to-date CV. This must contain details of your education and work experience.
- Upload all formal transcripts that pertain to your qualifications.
- Upload the proof of accreditation for the institution where you received your qualification.
- Submit the NQF level and SAQA qualification and registration number for all the courses you have previously done.
Following this, ICB may either offer you credits for the chosen ICB course or may require that you complete an RPL Portfolio of Evidence.
Price of RPL
On top of the required admin fee, you will need to pay a registration fee to become a student with ICB.
If you have qualified for RPL and wish to accept the credits, you must pay a fee to be granted the full exemption.
Documentation Needed for RPL
These are the documents you need when applying for RPL, make sure that you have completed and submitted all of them:
- The Student Details Form.
- Admin fee proof of payment.
- Transcript of results and proof of the institution’s accreditation.
- Any foreign qualifications require a SAQA “Certificate of Evaluation”.
- A detailed CV including all work experience and education.
- Reference letter from previous jobs. This includes a letter from management that confirms your work experience.
- A copy of your ID book.
Author: Andrea Frisby
Last Updated: Sanel Van Staden, 23 July 2021