Have you been looking for a job, or even just a better job, but you can’t find anything?
You probably have been buying all the job newspapers, checking the job section daily. You most likely finished your CV and uploaded it to websites advertising jobs. You even sent your application and physical CV to jobs.
Yet, you are still getting no response, you are still being ignored. Unfortunately the simple facts are that people no longer get jobs that way. Yes at a stage that would be the go to best way to get a job interview. Now, the whole game has changed. Luckily we have 10 unique tips to help you get the job of your dreams.
- You need to use yourconnections. This means your friends your family, everyone you know. Ask all your friends, family, old principle or even your priest if they know of a job opening and if they can help you get an interview. You can even ask all your facebook friends. If they don’t know of anything I’m sure some of their connections will.
- You need to consider some jobs that don’t even exist yet. Talking to people about your talents and letting it be known what you can do may make people want to hire you even though they did not plan to hire someone before they found out about you.
- Starting your career by just getting your foot in the door is not a bad idea. You can do this by working for free, as an intern or job shadowing. If you display a positive work ethic, and that you could be a good employee, it is very likely that they will want to hire you or if you are lucky even create a job for you.
- You want to get a meeting. Even if this is a short 10 minute meeting. This works much better than sending out a CV as you can also hand over your CV in person. A meeting also allows you to make a good impression.
- You must create a good CV, it shouldn’t be long no more than 2 pages.This may be difficult, but by showing your prospective employer, a clear, short CV, you give them the idea you know how to work professionally. If you struggle with this then you can always find help. I can assure you one thing you don’t want, is spelling mistakes.
- When you write an application letter, it should be about the job you want. This means writing about the skills and experience that applies to the job you are applying for.If your experience and skills don’t link to the job then it’s unlikely that you will get it. If you aren’t a good writer you should get help.
- When applying for a job you need to make sure that you follow, the instructions. You need to make sure exactly what they are asking for, is it a CV or a cover letter or both. If you don’t follow the instructions for the job application the employer will think that you won’t follow instructions if you get the job. These instructions are doubly important when it comes to interviews.
- You need to make sure that you are prepared for the meeting or interview if you get one. You need to make sure you bring everything they expect you to bring for your interview. Do they want a copy of your ID? Those are the type of questions you need the answers to. You need to ask before the interview, maybe even do mock interviews with your friends.
- Live with the idea that looking for a job is a job. You need act like you would be going to work, get up early, dress appropriately make sure you are clean and look fresh. Make a list of things you need to do in your search for a job and make sure to do those tasks every single day.
- NEVER GIVE UP. The people who get jobs are those who follow good advice, and refuse to give up.
- You can do it.
Remember any work experience, job shadowing, short course, qualification or seminar you attend makes your CV better, and makes you more employable.