- Studying bookkeeping will provide you with a scarce skill.
- Being a bookkeeper may ensure job security.
- You will be able to receive a respectable income.
- If you study an ICB Bookkeeping Course you will gain the skills to start your own bookkeeping business one day.
- You can study the ICB Junior Bookkeeping Course without a matric certificate.
Being a bookkeeper may ensure job security and a respectable income. If you have a passion for numbers, bookkeeping is the perfect fit.
Here are reasons why you should become a bookkeeper:
- Gain a scarce skill.
- Job security.
- A respectable income.
- Start your own business.
- Study without matric.
Gain A Scarce Skill
If you studied bookkeeping and have gained work experience, you do not have to worry too much about getting a job. Becoming a bookkeeper will most likely ensure job security for the following reasons:
- Scarce skill: Seeing that bookkeeping is a scarce skill, it is in high demand by employers.
- Consistent industry: The finance industry is quite consistent in that it will not easily die down. All companies and individuals will always be in need of a bookkeeper.
- Distance learning: If you study bookkeeping through a distance learning college you will have the opportunity to work and study at the same time. This will give you the opportunity to gain work experience, which is highly regarded by employers.
- ICB courses: ICB courses are career-specific, which means that they prepare you for the workplace. Employers are impressed by candidates who have practical knowledge of the work field, rather than only theoretical knowledge.
A Respectable Income
Seeing that bookkeeping is an important part of every business, as well as the fact that it is a scarce skill, means that bookkeepers receive a respectable salary.
According to Indeed, a bookkeeper earns an average monthly income of R14 500.
If you are an independent bookkeeper you have the opportunity to build long-term clients that could make use of other financial services you offer. This way you can ensure that you receive a stable income.
Start Your Own Business
Studying an ICB Bookkeeping Course will provide you with valuable knowledge and skills that can be used to start your own business.
You can become an independent bookkeeper. This means that you act as a freelance bookkeeper that does not work for a company, but for yourself.
Study Without Matric
You can study bookkeeping without a matric certificate. The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers offer Bookkeeping Courses that are recognised throughout the country.
The ICB Financial Accounting Programme consists of four courses:
- ICB Junior Bookkeeping
- ICB Senior Bookkeeper
- ICB Technical Financial Accounting
- ICB Financial Accounting
These courses build on each other. The first course, ICB Junior Bookkeeping, does not require a matric certificate. The only requirements are:
- A grade 10 certificate.
- The ability to read and write in English.
Register At Matric College
Author: Simoné Coetzee