Umalusi matric certificate reprint
Date Published: November 18, 2020
Here’s how you can get a matric certificate reprint.
I lost my matric certificate
Applications for lost or replacement certificates must be done at any Department of Education NOT directly with Umalusi.
Replace matric certificate
lf your certificate is not lost but it is damaged, the damaged certificate has to be returned to the DBE or PED. If you want to apply for a matric certificate replacement, you need to make sure you have all the necessary documents.
How to apply to replace my matric certificate?
To apply for a replacement certificate, here’s what you can do:
- you can download the application form online. A replacement certificate is not free. Applicants have to pay a fee of R118.00.
- Applicants can send their application forms to the DBE/PED office through post mail. Or, they could go to the closest DBE/PED office and submit all the necessary documents.
- Applicants need an affidavit that states what happened to the certificate.
- A certified ID copy will be required.
- You may pay and apply online through the government e-portal.
How long does it take to replace a matric certificate?
Can you buy a matric certificate?
No, you can not buy a matric certificate. A fake matric certificate costs around R2500. However, buying a fake matric certificate is not worth the real cost.
If you are caught with a fake matric certificate, you could face serious jail time or get charged with a huge fine.
Author: Omega Fumba