The Implementation of The Abridged Version Of Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement for Grade 12’s
The Department of Education has released documentation to communicate the abridged version of Section 4 of CAPS Grade 12. This implementation will benefit the class of 2021.
What To Know
Here is everything you need to know about the new implementation for CAPS grade 12:
- Section 4 of the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement: This section includes all types of assessments that are administered and assessed by school level teachers.
- Practical Challenges: The Department of Basic Education received complaints about practical challenges in the implementation of this section of the CAPS.
- The National Curriculum and Assessment Task Team reviewed section 4 of the CAPS: NCATT developed an abridged version of the CAPS section 4. This version covers all subjects and was developed for the Further Education and Training and General Education and Training bands.
- The approval: The Minister of Education approved the new abridged version of the CAPS section 4.
- The abridged version of CAPS Section 4 for grades 1-11: The abridged version was published in the government gazette.
- Two documents were released through this circular: These two documents are the 2020 Amendments: Grade 12 Abridged Section 4 and Abridged Section 4: Arts Subjects. All are available here.
For all the latest in education news, visit the Matric College news page.
Author: Andrea Frisby