Skills Academy is the Premier Private Distance Learning College
If you are looking to further your education via distance learning, Skills Academy is perfect for your every need. With Skills Academy, you do not need a matric certificate to further your education. So why wait?
Here is everything you need to know about Skills Academy.
Skills Academy is a private distance learning college that aims to help students reach their academic goals.
This college specialises in helping students who were unable to finish matric, further their education. Their partnership with Matric College gives all of our applicants the ability to get one step closer to their dream career.
Courses Offered by Skills Academy
Skills Academy offers a wide variety of courses ranging from Financial Accounting to Project management. All of these courses are completed via distance learning.
Any career that you are looking into, they have. Here are some of the courses that they have to offer:
- Project Management courses
- Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) courses
- Nated National Diploma courses
- Business Management courses
- Educare courses
- Secretarial courses
- Office Administration courses
- Accounting courses
- Marketing Management courses
- Forensic Investigation courses
- Forensic Science courses
- Human Resource Management courses
- Receptionist courses
- Beauty therapy courses
- Entrepreneurship courses
- Creative courses
- Supply Chain courses
Distance Learning with Skills Academy
All the courses offered by Skills Academy are distance learning-based. Distance learning is a great option when it comes to furthering your education. Here are a few reasons why you should choose distance learning:
- You do not have to take classes: You can work from the comfort of your home or anywhere that you see fit.
- Save money on transport: if you are not going to class, you will not have to spend money on travel or transportation costs.
- Online assistants: With distance learning comes online assistants or tutoring groups. This is a great place for you to ask questions, review course material or just get help with one of your subjects.
- Cost-effective payments: Distance learning courses are cheaper than contact learning courses. This is because you do not actively have to go into class. You will also save on travel and student accommodation. In most cases, your study material is included in the cost of the course. That means you will not need to spend extra money on your books.
- Work while you study: You can have a job at the same time as furthering your education. This is a great opportunity for you to get a promotion while furthering your education.
How It Works
When signing up for a course with Skills Academy, these are the following steps you can expect:
- Register: Start by registering online.
- Pay the fee: Pay your administration fee and start studying as soon as you get your study material.
- Study material: They will courier your study material to you as soon as your fees are paid and your registration is complete.
- Pass and get more: As you complete and pass a subject, more study material will be sent to you.
- Tests: You will receive tests and assignments based on the course that you applied for. Exams are included in this and all assessments must be completed before you are able to get your qualification.
No More Missing Deadlines
All assignments and tests are handed in at the same time at the end of your studying period. That means that you do not need to worry about deadlines anymore, that means a flexible study schedule.
Only Pay if you Study
You will only have to pay the fees when you are actively studying. Skills Academy will put everything on hold until you are ready to resume your studies.
All you need to do is give 2 weeks notice to have your course paused and can keep it that way for up to 2 months. This payment policy also applies if you finish your course early. In that case, you stop paying immediately.
Finishing your course early allows you to save some money and start looking towards the next course.
Work at Your Own Pace
Distance learning is the best choice for a busy individual. If you are studying, a parent or have many responsibilities, distance learning gives you a more flexible schedule.
You can work ahead of time or choose to take the day off when you need to. As long as all your work is finished when it is time to hand it in, it does not matter when you decide to do it.
Online Resources with Skills Academy
Their Student Portal is one one-stop place for most of your student needs. If you need more information on courses, contact numbers for student advisors, have an issue to report, request study materials or check your grades, this is the place.
Their student portal aims to make your life as a student easier and less stressful.
Together We Pass
Together We Pass is our online, social studying initiative that helps students with their studies. In this platform, you can work with other students and help each other with the relevant topics in your chosen course.
Not only will you help each other with course work, but you will also be exposed to different ways of understanding the work.
Skills Academy WhatsApp groups are designed to help you contact both your lecturers and other students. On this platform, you can share information that others might need or have information shared to you.
Skills Academy offers courses that only require a grade 10 certificate. As long as you are older than 16, you can start.
Their courses range from Business Management, Accounting and Office Administration to Child Day Care, Beauty therapy and even Marketing. Follow this link to get a list of all the courses they have on offer.
Accredited Courses you can Study Without Matric
Without matric, you can get an accredited qualification and start building a respectable career. The premier qualifications offered by Skills Academy are from their partner the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers or ICB.
These qualifications are accredited by QCTO and each one of their certifications are given by FASSET.
With all these accredited Skills Academy qualifications, you can work your way all the way up to a diploma without ever having a matric certificate.
Our ICB qualifications are as follows:
Provider Programmes and Short Courses
Skills Academy also offers short courses that you can choose from. These can vary between 2 and 12 months depending on the one you choose.
Short courses are a great way to skill stack or to master new skills to help you in your career. Short courses are also budget-friendly and make furthering your skills more affordable.
Short courses are not accredited. This means that you get a certificate of completion from the college, but no qualification certificate from a government institution.
They are ideal for someone who needs to upskill, or for someone looking for their first certificate to get their career started. Once you get that job you can continue with an accredited programme.
What Should I Study?
When thinking about what to study, first take a look at your hobbies and interests to get a better idea about what you enjoy.
This will help you get a better idea of what career path will be best for you. If you are still stuck and need some help, have a look at their career guidance kit.
What if I want to study a National Diploma?
If you want to study a National Diploma then you need to first get your Matric with Matric College. If you did not pass all of your subjects, you can apply for a matric upgrade to improve your marks and get an improved matric certificate.
Click here to see the adult matric courses offered by Matric College. You will not be able to do matric in 3 months. It will take between 1-3 years depending on the course you choose. Both apply to e-matric – e-registration.
You also will not be able to do a free matric online. Visit the Matric College website for more information regarding fees. Since all the courses take place as distance learning, you will not have to worry about night school matric.
If you are looking for a matric correspondence course, this is the place. You will not be able to find free online matric courses nor can you complete matric online for free, so why not try with Matric College?
For any information regarding matric, this includes old matric results, click here.
If you were never able to complete your matric certificate, you can opt for an adult matric course. As long as you have a grade 9 certificate, you can apply.
Once you have completed your studies and received your bachelor pass you can study any of the Nated National Diploma courses with Skills Academy. These include:
- Business Management
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Management Assistant
- Legal Secretary
Get started with your studies today
To register with Skills Academy, call them on 0800 39 00 27 to get started.
To apply with Matric College for courses without matric or to do your matric year, call us on 012 762 7100 and speak to one of the course experts.
Author: Andrea Frisby