Human Resource Management: NATED N5 National Certificate is the second course in the NATED Human Resource Management Programme. This course gives you more than the basic skills to start your career in the field of Human Resource Management. Here are the top five areas that Human Resource Managers will look at:
- Detailed Information Regarding Compensation And Benefits
- Human Resource Compliance
- Safety Measures In The Workplace
- Talent Management
- Training And Development
We offer NATED courses in partnership with Bellview Institute of Distance Learning.
|Certificate Type||National N Certificate|
|Awarded By||The DHET and the QCTO|
|Award Type||National Certificate and a Programme Completion Certificate|
|NQF Level||Level 5|
Human Resource Management: NATED N5 National Certificate Subjects
To gain entry into the Human Resource Management: NATED N5 National Certificate course, you must complete all of the subjects for the previous course. The previous course is the Human Resource Management: NATED N4 National Certificate.
This also means that you can gain entry to the course that follows the N5 National Certificate, which is the Human Resource Management: NATED N6 National Certificate course.
Complete Subject List
- Personnel Management N5
- Personnel Training N5
- Labour Relations N5
- Computer Practice N5
There are several career paths that you can pursue after completing the Human Resource Management: NATED N5 National Certificate course:
- Administrative Clerk
- Billing Coordinator
- Clients Relations Coordinator
- Creditors Clerk
- Human Resource Assistant
- Personal Assistant
- Skills Development Facilitator
- Risk Administrator
What Will I Learn?
The following skills are taught in the NATED Human Resource Management Programme:
- Conflict resolution
- Ethics at work: the basics
- Communication with staff
- What it takes to run a business
Here is what you will learn in each subject:
Personnel Management/ Personnel Training: You will learn to manage different tasks and how to distribute them among employees. You will also learn how to train employees.
Computer Practice: You will acquire the basic programming skills necessary for success in a modern workplace in this subject. Here are the basic email and internet functions you will learn:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Presentation
Labour Relations: This subject deals with everything that you need to know about labour laws. This will help you understand your own rights and responsibilities as well as the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees.
Human Resource Management: NATED N5 National Certificate Assessments
The National Accredited Technical Education Diploma (NATED) Programme Assessments include the following two assessments
You must complete the assignments and exams for each subject. To qualify for the exams, you must pass your assignments with an average of 40%.
You have to complete three compulsory assignments before you are allowed to take the final exam. To qualify for the final exam, you should achieve an average of 40% for all of your assignments combined.
NOTE: Each subject requires three assignments. By completing all three assignments, you increase your chances of qualifying for the final exam.
There are two registration opportunities for the final NATED exam. The registration for the final exam opens on the following dates:
- February: The registration for the exam can be anywhere between the 1st to the 29th of February
- If you register this time of the year, you will write the exam in May or June
- August: The registration for the exam can be anywhere between the 1st to the 31st of August
- If you register this time of the year, you will write the exam in October or November
*To pass the exams, you must achieve an average of 50% or more.
You can complete a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree in Human Resource Management. Here are the qualifications that we offer at Matric College:
- Human Resource Management: NATED N4 National Certificate
- Human Resource Management: NATED N5 National Certificate
- Human Resource Management: NATED N6 National Certificate
- Human Resource Management: NATED N6 National Diploma
It takes between 6 – 12 months to complete an HR Course. Here are your options:
- Only complete the theoretical component
- It can take 6 to 12 months to complete
- Complete the theoretical component first, then the practical component
- It can take 6 to 18 months to complete
- During the same period, complete both the theoretical and practical components
- This can take 6 – 12 months to complete, as you will be doing both theory and practical at the same time
Yes, HR is an excellent career option in South Africa. The following are some of the reasons why a career in HR is a good choice:
- HR skills are transferrable
- Being familiar with how businesses operate is beneficial to your own development and understanding
- It is a scarce skill qualification
HR Skills Are Transferrable
In any other industry, you can apply the skills you have gained in HR. Business success depends on these skills. As a result, you can apply for jobs that are outside your field of study. For example, you could apply for the following jobs:
- Loan Consultant
- Any administrative position, etc.
Being Familiar With How Businesses Operate Is Beneficial To Your Own Development And Understanding
Besides gaining the skills to become a professional in the HR industry, you are also gaining skills for your own understanding. If you use these skills to your advantage, you will know what is expected of you from a company as well as your rights.
It Is A Scarce Skill Qualification
- These skills are in high demand by employers, making you highly employable
- Since employers are willing to pay you more, you stand a chance of earning a decent salary
Yes, HR Jobs are in demand. These jobs are scarce skill qualifications that employers need in their business. This means that you will earn a decent salary and be highly employable. These jobs assist with the following in a business:
- The hiring process
- Resolving conflict
- Communicating important information with staff
No, being an HR Manager is not hard. Here are a few things you can look at to determine whether HR Management is hard:
|Do you enjoy working with people?||Yes|
|Is conflict resolution is one of your strengths?||Yes|
|Do you believe in equality for employers and employees?||Yes|
The hierarchy of the HR department is described in the table below:
|Levels of positions||Positions|
|Lower or entry-level HR jobs||Staffing Coordinator|
|Mid-level HR jobs||HR Supervisor|
|Senior-level HR jobs||HR Manager|
|Specialised HR positions||Safety Manager|
Both fields of study pay well. Your salary is determined and influenced by the following factors:
- The education you have received
- Whether you hold a NATED National Certificate, NATED National Diploma, or a Degree
- How much experience do you have
- Entry-level experience (1-5 years)
- Junior level experience (6-9 years)
- Senior-level experience (10-20 years)
- The position you apply for
- In general, higher-level positions pay more than lower-level positions
- What the company is willing to pay
- Each company has its own hiring criteria, which means that your salary expectations are determined by the company you apply to
Your Next Step Is To Get Your Human Resource Management: NATED N6 National Certificate
The next step is to earn your Human Resource Management: NATED N6 National Certificate. You must complete and pass all of your Human Resource Management: NATED N5 National Certificate subjects to get admission to the Human Resource Management: NATED N6 National Certificate.
Why Choose To Study With Matric College?
f you are comfortable with distance learning then Matric College is the perfect college for you. Distance learning is a type of learning where students do not have to attend physical or scheduled online classes. It is a good choice for students with busy schedules such as work and study. Here is why you should choose to study with us:
- We offer unique payment options: You can choose from our selection of payment options:
- Advance payments (Pay your studies in full)
- Split payments (Half at the beginning of the year and the other half, the end of the year)
- Monthly payments (pay a fixed monthly installment)
- Unique payment method (We will help you find a payment method that works for both of us)
- You can study and work: You can work full-time and study full-time. You do not have to attend any classes. You only have to submit assignments, write the tests and final exams
- Set up your own study schedule: You can decide how much time you can put into your studies. At Matric College, we understand the importance of family life, earning a living, and balancing your studies
- Get tutor assistance from us: We have tutors that are available to help you where you are struggling. Contact our tutors online or put in a request for a callback.
- Our friendly support team checks in on your progress: This means that you will get regular calls to find out or remind you of your assignments and exam dates
Yes, you cannot study Human Resource Management without Matric. To study the NATED Human Resource Management, you have to apply with your Matric Certificate, National Senior Certificate, or an Amended Senior Certificate.
At Matric College we offer two Matric Equivalent Courses that will give you admission to the NATED Human Resource Management Programme. These two courses are:
- Small Business Financial Management: ICB National Certificate (NQF Level 4)
- You can apply for this course with a Grade 11 Certificate
- Senior Bookkeeping: ICB Further Education and Training Certificate (NQF Level 4)
- You can complete this course with a Grade 11 Certificate
The other courses that you can study are short courses in Human Resource Management or courses that have elements of Human Resource Management. At Matric College we have other NATED courses and ICB courses that cover Human Resource elements. These courses are as follows:
This programme includes subjects such as:
- Office Practice
- Legal Practice
- Mercantile Law
- ICB Office Administration Programme
This programme includes subjects such as:
- Business Law and Administrative Practice
- Human Resource Management and Labour Relations
If you want to start your career in the HR field, you can complete our NATED Human Resource Management Programme. Here are our entry requirements:
- Be at least 16 or older
- Have a Matric Certificate, National Senior Certificate, or an Amended Senior Certificate
- Understand, read and write English
- Be comfortable studying through distance learning
If you do not have the above requirements, you can either improve your marks or change your subjects with our Matric Upgrade course. this way you can get the results you require to start our NATED course.
Yes, you can get into Human Resources without a Degree. At Matric College, we offer a NATED Human Resource Programme that goes up to an N Diploma level. This is at NQF Level 6, which is one NQF Level below a Degree course.
Most companies accept students who have completed Diploma courses especially when they see that it is a NATED National Diploma course. NATED National Diploma courses are both practical and theoretical, which means that students are work-ready. Employers value this because they want to hire qualified candidates.
No, a National Certificate is not a National Diploma. Here are the differences between the two qualifications:
|National Certificate||National Diploma|
|A National Certificate can be any one of the following: N4, N5 or N6 National Certificates||A National Diploma can only be an N6 National Diploma|
|National Certificates only has a theoretical component||National Diplomas only has a practical component and you must complete the previous courses (N4, N5, N6, National Certificates) to start the practical component|
|All NATED Certificates are at an NQF Level 5||This is at NQF Level 6|
|These courses have 60 credits||This has 360 credits|
NATED Courses stands for National Accredited Technical Educational Diploma. These courses were designed by the Department of Higher Education and Training to create work-ready individuals. NATED courses have both practical and theoretical elements. The students are trained in various subjects as well as prepared for the physical work through 18 months of work experience.
The National N Diploma programme requires you to have completed 18 months of relevant work experience. These courses benefit both the student and potential employers because students will know what is expected of them and employers will employ students that know what they are doing.
The N5 National Certificate is not equivalent to anything because it has a different exit level and purpose compared to other National Certificates. All NATED National Certificates have different exit-level outcomes and purposes.
The N5 National Certificate is at NQF Level 5 and one step closer to an NQF Level 6. First, you have to complete the N5 National Certificate, then complete your N6 National Certificate, and lastly complete the 18 months of work experience to get an N6 National Diploma which is at NQF Level 6.
Human Resources Managers in South Africa typically earn around R 48 800 per month. The lowest salary is R 25 400 per month, and the highest is R 74 600 per month.
Your salary is determined by these four factors:
- The position you apply for
- Your educational background
- Your work experience
- The employer’s choice/criteria
NOTE: Each employer has their own hiring criteria and they decided who they employ. This can be regardless of your:
- The position you apply for
- Your educational background
- Your work experience
Here is the application process for the Human Resource Management: NATED N5 National Certificate
Step 1: Contact us
You can make contact with us through the following ways:
- Complete our online application form
- Book a call
- Give us a call on the following number (021 838 8295)
- Visit us at our offices
Step 2: Speak to one of our friendly course experts
You can get assistance choosing a course from our course specialists. We will recommend a course based on what you are good at, what you want, and what you can afford.
Step 3: Register for one of our courses
Our college is a distance learning college with an open application policy. You can apply any time of the year.
Step 4: Write the exams
After you have successfully passed the exams, you can apply for the next course in the NATED Human Resource Management Programme, which is the Human Resource Management: NATED N6 National Certificate.
How Do I Study Human Resource Management NATED N5 National Certificate?
Here is a breakdown of how to study the Human Resource Management: NATED N5 National Certificate course:
|Step 1: Register for the NATED National Programme.|
|Step 2: Submit your 3 assignments for each subject before you register for the final exams.|
|Step 3: get 40% or more for all of your assignments.|
|Step 4: Wait for your assignment results.|
|Step 5: Register for the final NATED exam once you have received your results and have qualified for the exams.|
|Step 6: Write the first exam OR the second exam.|
|Step 7: On successful completion receive your Certificate from Matric College. Only the NATED National Diploma will be received by the DHET.|
When Can I Start Studying The Human Resource Management Course?
Study any time of the year. We are a distance learning institution, because of this, you can apply whenever you are ready. The exams work the same way.
If you are prepared to write the exams, you may register for the exams. It puts you in control of your studies and future career path.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to complete a NATED Human Resource Management course at Matric College, you only need a total APS Score of 14 points.
This is the APS Score of a National Senior Certificate Pass.
You can do the following with your HR Degree in South Africa across all industries. An HR Degree can lead to the following jobs in South Africa:
- HR Consultant
- Training and Development Manager
- HR Specialist
- Occupational Psychologist
An HR Executive is a higher position than an HR Manager.
he best subjects to have for HR in school is:
- Mathematical Literacy
The best subjects to have for HR in college is:
- Personnel Management
- Personnel Training
- Labour Relations
Yes, if they find that a department is not in compliance with the policy of the company, HR can overrule Management.
No, it is not hard to get a job in HR. If you complete a NATED HR course, you can apply using iWIL. This is a service that the Department of Higher Education and Training provides to students who require work experience.
The law is above HR in a company. An employer or employee can take a company to court if HR fails to complete the correct procedures.
The highest paying job in HR is any specialist position in HR. Here are some specialist positions:
- HR Director
- HR Executive
- Safety Manager
Remember that each company decides what they want to pay the people that work in their HR department. This means that the salary will vary from company to company.
Other Human Resource Management Courses
Author: Jesmé Africa
Editor: Amy Venter
Date Published: February 25, 2022