Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate is the first course in the NATED Management Assistant Programme. This course will give you the basic skills to become a successful Assistant Manager.
The following duties should interest you if you wish to complete this course:
- Hire employees
- Train employees
- Oversee employees
Through our partnership with Bellview Institute of Distance Learning, we offer NATED courses.
|Certificate Type||National N Certificate|
|Awarded By||The DHET and the QCTO|
|Award Type||National Certificate and a Programme Completion Certificate|
|NQF Level||Level 5|
Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate Subjects
In the Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate, you have to complete all of the compulsory subjects.
Complete Subject List
- Communication N4
- Office Practice N4
- Information Processing N4
- Computer Practice N4
What Will I Learn?
You will learn a variety of Managerial skills. Here are the main things you will learn in the Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate course:
- An Assistant Manager will set up meetings as well as important appointments
- Prepares important documentation
- Maintains most of the company’s records
Here is what you will learn in each subject:
Office Practice N4: You will learn practical skills that occur in the office procedures that professionals (Secretaries, Administrators, Management Assistants) in the office attend to.
Communication N4: Students will learn how to communicate professionally. Whether it be verbal or non-verbal communication. These skills will help you to function effectively in any working environment.
Computer Practice N4: This subject will teach you the basic programmes you need to master to be effective in a modern working environment. These are the basic email and internet functions you will learn:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
Information Processing N4: In this subject, you will learn the necessary computer skills required to work as an Assistant Manager. You will also learn how to optimise any information. This includes skills that will help you:
- and share information
Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate Assessments
National Accredited Technical Education Diploma (NATED) Programme Assessments include the following components:
Assignments and exams must be completed for each subject. The assignments must be passed with 40% or more to qualify for the exam.
Before you can write the exam, you must complete three assignments. To qualify for the final exam, you need to earn an average of 40% or more.
NOTE: Each subject requires three assignments. By getting three assignments done, you increase your chances of qualifying for the final exam.
There are two registration options for the exam. Exam registration takes place on the following dates:
- February: 1st – 28th of February
- You will write the exam in May or June if you register this time of year
- August: 1st – 31st of August
- You will write the exam in October or November if you register at this time of year
*To pass the exams your final mark must be 50% and more.
A National N4 Certificate is the first certificate our NATED students receive on completion of their first NATED National Certificate course. This means that they have learned the foundation of whichever NATED programme they have applied for. Here is a list of all of our NATED N4 National Certificate courses:
- Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate
- Business Management: NATED N4 National Certificate
- Educare National Certificate: NATED N4 National Certificate
- Financial Management: NATED N4 National Certificate
- Human Resources Management: NATED N4 National Certificate
- Legal Secretary: NATED N4 National Certificate
- Marketing Management: NATED N4 National Certificate
An N4 Qualification is not equivalent to any other course because of these two factors:
- It has its own purpose
- It has a specific exit-level outcome
This means that an N4 National Certificate is not equivalent to a Higher Certificate but it is at the same NQF Level as a Higher Certificate which is a NQF Level 5.
All NATED Qualifications were designed by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). These courses are industry-specific and provide students with a practical and theoretical understanding of the work. This allows students to be work-ready. Many employees prefer students with a NATED Qualification because these students already have the basic training to start working.
N4 Management Assistant is the first NATED Course in our Management Assistant Programme. This course provides our students with the basic skills to become successful Assistant Managers. You can also complete this course with a Matric Certificate at any Matric Pass Level.
Once you have completed the Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate course you can apply for:
- Entry-level jobs
- Voluntary work
- Full-time employment
If you want to gain further knowledge of Management Assistant, you can further your studies with the following courses:
- Management Assistant: NATED N5 National Certificate
- Management Assistant: NATED N6 National Certificate
- Management Assistant: NATED N6 National Diploma
You have to meet the following entry requirements to start the Management Assistant NATED Programme:
- Be at least 16 years or older: To start this programme you must already be 16 years or older
- Study through distance learning: you have to be comfortable studying through distance learning. This is a type of learning that is done from home. You will not have any physical or online classes to attend.
- Understand, read and write English: ICB courses are offered in English
- Have a Matric Certificate: You must have completed your Matric in high school or as an adult
No, you cannot apply with an N4 National Certificate to a university. Most universities require students to have a Bachelor’s Degree Matric Pass Level. Here are some of the factors universities look at:
If you do choose to apply to universities with your N4 National Certificate, be sure to research them thoroughly. Each university has its own entry requirements and separate entry requirements for its courses.
No, you cannot study Management Assistant without a Matric Certificate. You must have a Matric Certificate, National Senior Certificate or Amended Senior Certificate at any Matric Pass Level. If you do not have any of these Certificates, here is how you can obtain them:
After you have completed the N4 National Certificate course, you can do the following:
- Find entry-level positions
- Find full-time employment in your field of study
- Further your studies with an N5 or N6 National Certificates or the N6 National Diploma in the same programme
- Further your studies at Matric College with one of our other NATED Programmes or ICB Programmes
No, an N4 National Certificate does not expire. Your N4 National Certificate will last forever. To further your studies in Management Assistant, you can complete the following Management Assistant courses:
Your Next Step Is To Get Management Assistant: NATED N5 National Certificate
The next step you will take is to complete your Management Assistant: NATED N5 National Certificate. You must complete and pass all of your Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate subjects.
Why Choose To Study With Matric College?
Those who are comfortable with distance learning should consider Matric College. Distance learning is a type of learning that does not involve physical attendance or scheduled online classes. It is a good option for students with busy schedules. Here are the reasons why you should choose to study with us:
- We offer unique payment options: You can choose from our payment options:
- Advance payments (Paying for your studies in full)
- Split payments (50% payment of the total amount of the course at the beginning of the year, and 50% payment of the total amount of the course at the end of the year)
- Monthly payments (monthly installments)
- Unique payment method (We will work with you to find a payment method that works for both of us)
- You can study and work: Studying and working full-time are both possible. No classes are required. You only need to complete assignments and write tests and final exams.
- Set up your own study schedule: The amount of time you can devote to your studies is up to you. Matric College understands the necessity of balancing family life, earning a living, and studies.
- Get tutor assistance from us: We have tutors that are available to help you with your academic struggles. Contact our tutors online or telephonically or put in a request for a callback.
- Our friendly support team checks in on your progress: We will regularly be calling you to find out what assignments you have due and when your exams are.
It takes between 18 – 36 months to complete N4 – N6. Here is how you can complete these courses:
|6 months||12 months||18 months|
|If you have only completed one course. E.g N4 National Certificate.|
Complete only the theoretical component for 6 months
Total: 6 months
|If you have completed two courses. E.g N5 National Certificate and N6 National Certificate|
Complete only the theoretical component for 12 months
Total: 12 months
If you have completed all three courses. E,g N5 National Certificate, N6 National Certificate, and N6 National Certificate
Complete only the theoretical component for 18 months
Total: 18 months
Complete the theoretical component for 6 months and then the practical component for 6 months.
Total: 12 months
Complete the theoretical component for 12 months and then the practical component for 12 months.
Total: 24 months
Complete the theoretical component for 18 months and then the practical component for 18 months.
Total: 36 months
Complete the theoretical component alongside the practical component for 6 months.
Total: 6 months
Complete the theoretical component alongside the practical component for 12 months.
Total: 12 months
Complete the theoretical component alongside the practical component for 18 months.
Total: 18 months
These are some of the main duties of an Assistant Manager:
- Assist the Manager with his / her duties
- Manage daily operations
- Direct employees and delegate administrative tasks
- Identify and pursue targeted goals and objectives
- Report and engage with Managers on a higher management level
- Design a strategy for business growth
- Participate in customer activities
The top three skills of a Management Assistant are:
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills
To succeed as an Assistant Manager, you need excellent communication skills. In addition to communicating with colleagues, you will also have to talk to customers.
In your role as an Assistant Manager, you will need to resolve issues daily. Along with following procedures, you should also show initiative and think outside the box. These skills can help you resolve conflicts with customers and employees.
Leadership is a skill that an individual who manages a team needs to develop. They need to see that you can take charge as well as get motivated by you.
No, N4 is not the same as Matric. N4 is at NQF Level 5 and Matric is at NQF Level 4. Here is a table that will give you an explanation of the different NQF Levels and what they are equivalent to.
No, you cannot complete NATED Courses without Matric. You have to apply with any of these Certificates:
If you do not have any of these certificates you can complete any of these two Matric Courses:
Watch the CEO Of Matric College, discuss Matric Equivalent Certificates for NATED Courses
R 9 000 – R 12 000 per month
The average salary for an assistant manager is R 9 000 – R12 000 per month in South Africa.
To determine your salary, you should consider the following five factors:
- Your level of education
- Your level of experience
- The position you apply for
- The location of your application
- The employer and what they can afford to pay you
Apply for the Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate by following these simple steps
Step 1: Contact us
Contact us any time of the year:
- To apply, fill out the online application form
- Book a call
- You can reach us at (021 838 8295)
- Visit us at our physical address
Step 2: Speak to one of our friendly course experts
Our course specialists can assist you in choosing a course. We will recommend a course based on what you excel at, your preferences, and how much you can afford.
Step 3: Register for one of our courses
Our college provides distance learning. Anyone can apply. You can apply any time of the year.
How Do I Study The Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate Course?
The following is a breakdown of how to study the Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate course:
|Step 1: Apply for the NATED National Programme.|
|Step 2: Submit the three assignments for each subject before you register for the final exams.|
|Step 3: Score at least 40% on all of your assignments.|
|Step 4: Wait for the results of your assignment.|
|Step 5: Register for the NATED final exam once you qualify for the exams.|
|Step 6: Take your first or second exam.|
|Step 7: Matric College will award you your certificate once you have completed the course successfully. The Department of Higher Education will award you the NATED National Diploma.|
When Can I Start Studying Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate Course?
Throughout the year, you can study. We are a distance learning institution. We accept applications at any time. The exams are administered the same way.
You may register for the exams if you are ready to write them. This is an opportunity to take control of your studies and career path.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, all of our NATED courses are accredited by the following professional bodies:
Yes, all of our NATED courses are recognised nationally by employers. Our NATED courses are designed by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Due to the practical and theoretical components of these courses, employers employ people who have obtained NATED Qualifications. This means that they will not have to train their employees excessively.
A Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate has 60 credits.
The NQF Level of a Management Assistant: NATED N4 National Certificate is at NQF Level 5.
Yes, being a Management Assistant is a good job. If you enjoy helping and communicating with people on different levels and being responsible for planning and organisational duties, then this is the perfect choice for you.
Here are the main differences between these two courses:
|NC (V) stands for National Certificate (Vocational)||NATED stands for National Accredited Technical Education Diploma|
|NC (V) courses aim to provide students with a Matric Certificate as well as guide them in their potential field of study.||NATED courses are usually completed after Matric and give students, both, practical and theoretical knowledge.|
NCV mainly provides three qualifications:
NATED mainly provides six N Levels:
The highest paying administrative job in South Africa is an Office Administrative job.
R 15 000 per month
The average salary for an Office Administrator is R 15 000 per month in South Africa.
Other Management Assistant Courses
Author: Jesmé Africa
Editor: Amy Venter
Date Published: March 4. 2022