ICB Senior Bookkeeper
ICB Senior Bookkeeper
Are you good at numbers and handling money? Do you enjoy helping people with their taxes?
If so, you sound like you’d make a great bookkeeper! Matric College in partnership with The Skills Academy offers an ICB Senior Bookkeeping course!
As an intermediate course, you will gain the best practical skills and knowledge to help you excel in your career.
|Course||ICB Senior Bookkeeper|
|Programme Type||Partner Programme|
|Award Type||FET Certificate and a Programme Completion Certificate|
|Award Issued By||FASSET will issue your National Qualification, and, the ICB will issue you a Programme Completion Certificate.|
|Course Duration||24 Months|
|Entrance Criteria||Successful completion of the ICB Bookkeeping Certificate OR Be a qualified Certified Junior Bookkeeper|
What is Senior Bookkeeping?
Being a senior bookkeeper comes with a great deal of responsibilities. Bookkeepers are an integral part of running a business day to day. This includes
- Recording ingoing and outgoing transactions
- Daily banking activities
- Payment processing
- Financial reporting
- Oversee all financial data
It's a scarce skill
Senior bookkeeping is one of South Africa’s scarce skills. This means that it is in demand and not many people have this qualification.
With a scarce skill, it’ll be easier to find employment anywhere in the country and even the world. Bookkeeping is something that can be done anywhere.
Why study an ICB accredited course?
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers are an internationally recognised institution that offers business related courses such as finance management.
ICB courses are internationally accredited and well known. This means that you can practise bookkeeping nationally and internationally with an ICB qualification. Employers are also more likely to employ you since they know your qualification is high quality.
All of the ICB courses are long-distance learning. Not only can you study at your own pace, but you can also save money on transport!
If you’re thinking of studying Senior Bookkeeping, here’s what you need to know:
- Programme type: Partner Program
- Award type:FET Certificate and a Program Completion Certificate
- Awards issued by: FASSET will issue your National Qualification and the ICB will issue your Program Completion Certificate
- Accredited by: QCTO
- Course duration: 24 Months
These are the entry requirements needed to be able to apply for the Senior Bookkeeping course:
- Successful completion of the ICB bookkeeping certificate: If you want to apply you must have either completed the ICB bookkeeping certificate or be a certified senior bookkeeper.
- Be a certified senior bookkeeper: Either you completed the certificate mentioned above or you need to be a certified senior bookkeeper to apply.
- Ability to read and write in English: Because the course is taught in English, you’ll need to be able to read and write in English
Unable to meet the course requirements?
Want to study towards an ICB qualification but don’t meet the standard requirements? Apply for the Bridging Course!
The bridging course is perfect for students who want to further their studies towards an ICB qualification, but they don’t meet the standard entry requirements.
When looking to study Senior Bookkeeping, these are the subjects that you can expect to encounter.
- Introduction to Business English
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Business Literacy
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting.
Get in touch
Why wait to get started? Contact us on 012 762 7100 today and speak to one of our experts!
Or fill out our call form here!
Other Financial Accounting Courses
Why wait? Sign up for any of our courses today!
Author: Andrea Frisby
Last Updated: Sanel Van Staden, 15 June 2021