Pastel Accounting Short Courses Unisa Distance Learning
Trying to find a computerised bookkeeping or Pastel Accounting course you can study at Unisa, or study from home? Here is a list of computerised accounting courses you can study via distance learning:
- ICB Short course: Junior Accountant – Computerised Accounting
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Intermediate
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Advanced
- SAGE Pastel Partner Xpress
How to study Computerised Accounting?
It is vital that the Bookkeeper have the ability to complete the regular monthly accounting function on a computer. Learners should demonstrate this skills in Microsoft Office and the Pastel Accounting Plan.
How will this course be structured?
In order to finish the Junior Bookkeeper Computerised Accountant, students should finish all of the following Subjects:
- Computerised Accounting: Workplace Computing
- Basic PC Concepts
- Dealing with MS Windows and MS Windows Vista
- Working with the Web and Microsoft Web Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
- Dealing with Microsoft Word
- Working with Microsoft Excel
- Working with Microsoft PowerPoint
Computerised Accounting: Pastel Accounting
With this subject the College will provide you with an educational licence for you to practice your activities and tasks. This licence is valid from the point you register this on your desktop computer till completion of that year, hence a calender year licence. Please keep in mind that this software application MAY NOT be utilized for commercial purposes, therefore you MAY NOT trade utilizing this instructional licence.
- Installation and Registration of Pastel Partner V11
- Pastel Language
- Developing and setting up a company in Pastel Partner V11
- Develop and Preserve General Ledger Accounts
- Produce and Keep Provider Accounts
- Create and Preserve Customer Accounts
- Create and Maintain Inventory Items
- Handle Balances and Journals
- Supplier Processing
- Consumer Processing
- Money Book, Petty Cash and Journal Processing
- Month end Treatments
- Year End Procedures
How will I be assessed?
When you have successfully completed the essential projects prescribed by Skills Academy, you will need to effectively pass exams with the ICB. In order to write exams with the ICB you will have to:
- Apply to the ICB and register with them to compose their exams
- Submit a Portfolio of Proof to the ICB on the day of your tests
You will also be issued by the ICB with a Declaration of Proficiency showing the particular Unit Standards that you have completed. FASSET will award you with an Unit Standard Certificate for any Unit Standards that you have finished.
As Skills Academy worths education and appreciates our trainees, your conclusion award will be sent to you by means of courier so that you get it as soon as possible and with no delays.
When can I begin?
You can begin right now. If you study by means of distance learning you can sign up today.
Distance Learning Bookkeeping Courses
Interested in recognized bookkeeping qualifications with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers? Take a look at this list:
- National Certificate: Bookkeeping
- FET Certificate: Accounting
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting
- National Certificate: Small company Financial Management
- National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting
In the past you could study ICB courses at Unisa. This has actually fallen away, and Unisa not provides the ICB Courses. However, there are many home study colleges offering the ICB courses. So you can still study any of the ICB courses at a recognized home study provider.
You can also consider studying accounting or bookkeeping courses at Unisa, where these courses are Unisa qualifications, and not ICB qualifications.
There are a number of things you must consider if you want to study among the ICB courses via distance learning. Or if you want to study a bookkeeping or accounting course with Unisa. Here is a list of the essential concerns from potential accounting and accounting students.
- Comparing Unisa research studies with ICB research studies
- The distinction in between accounting courses and bookkeeping courses
- Accounting and Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Financial Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Unisa Accounting Courses
- Unisa Bookkeeping Courses
- Unisa Course Charges
- Alternative Choices
- Study a Diploma Course
- Unisa Accounting Diploma
- ICB Diploma Courses
- Study a Greater Certificate
- Unisa Accounting Higher Certificate
- ICB Accounting Greater Certificates
- Short Courses
- Unisa Short Course in Pastel Accounting
- ICB Short Courses
- Post-Matric Qualifications at the ICB
- Distance Learning
- Financial Accounting Program
- Office Administration Programme
- Service Management Programme
- Entrepreneurship Program
- Public Sector Accounting Programme
- Study Materials and Textbooks
- Register for an ICB course
- Additional aid for Distance Learning Trainees
- Work Opportunities
- Course Charges
ICB Qualifications scholastic levels
ICB qualifications start at NQF level 3, and goes up to NQF level 6. So you can get in among the ICB programs even if you do not have a matric certificate. And if you accomplish the highest level ICB qualification, then you have a Diploma at NQF level 6. So you are just one level below a degree.
The ICB Diploma level qualifications you can go for are:
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting (NQF 6).
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Workplace Administration (NQF 6).
If you are aiming for an Unisa degree like the Bachelor of Accounting Sciences in Financial Accounting (NQF level 7 certification), then you will need to stick to their entrance requirements of a National Elder Certificate (Matric Certificate) with a Bachelor’s pass; with a minimum of 50% in the language of mentor and a minimum of 60% in Mathematics.
The entrance criteria for ICB courses.
You can enter any one of the ICB programs at the NQF 3 level. That suggests you can begin their courses with a Grade 9 or Standard 7 school pass.
The ICB also identify other training you have actually done, your work experience and your age, as factors to consider when you obtain entry.
You have to have the ability to comprehend the study product, which remains in English. The ICB courses begin at a really fundamental level, so as to make them accessible to students from several educational backgrounds.
Often students who left school, can do the ICB courses when they have gained some work experience. The majority of the ICB home study students are working adults, who have actually missed out on the chance to complete school, and go on to campus based education.
Selection requirements for ICB students.
The ICB has a number of distance learning course providers. For these trainees there are five test sessions in 2017. A lot of these students are home study and part time study students. Generally trainees who satisfy the scholastic entrance criteria, will get a place with one of the correspondence course service providers.
Students who do not satisfy the scholastic requirements, can still apply. The ICB can give you entryway based on your age; work experience and other training courses you have actually done.
The ICB academic entry requirements are grade 9 (standard 7). The ICB programs all start at NQF level 3; suggesting that even if you never finished matric, you will still be able to manage the work.
ICB application and registration process.
To start studying one of the ICB courses you need to take the following steps:
- Apply to among the course suppliers.
- Total your registration with the course supplier and pay your registration fee and more study fees.
- Register with the ICB for your test – you can choose from five exam sessions in 2017.
- You can opt to compose one examination at a time, or register for 3 or 4 examinations.
- Pay your exam charges.
- Receive your portfolio of evidence from the ICB when you have registered for the examination.
- Complete your portfolio of proof prior to the exam, and take it to the test session with you.
- Hand in your test and your portfolio of proof at the end of your test.
You can get the ICB Application and examination files here: ICB Application.
ICB trainee number limitations.
The ICB does not position a limitation on student numbers. If you wish to study on a school, at a class service provider, then there will be a limitation to the variety of seats in the classes.
When you pick distance learning, you will discover a course provider that has space for you. Don’t wait till the eleventh hour. Ensure you use early, to give yourself the very best chance.
When you sign up with the ICB, you need to bear in mind the following various costs:
- Course provider costs – costs you pay the college where you study.
- ICB trainee subscription annual charges.
- Test charges.
Here is a connect to a comprehensive article on all the fees you need to comprehend. ICB Registration Fees 2017.
The ICB offers five exam sessions for home study trainees in 2017.
You will discover the complete list of ICB examination dates and topics here. ICB Evaluation Dates 2017.
Student success with the ICB.
The ICB recognizes and guarantees the quality of training offered by their training suppliers. They set the examinations, and they set the syllabus. They authorize the study materials. And in this method the ICB guarantees that students get the very best chance possible.
The ICB likewise inspects its accredited suppliers. And they even do surprise assessments. With this vigorous work done to make sure quality education, and to ensure trainees get very good support, study materials, and qualified speakers – pass rates are high.
Worldwide of work, you will discover that companies more than happy to spend for their staff to study with the ICB. Due to the fact that they understand that their personnel will find out genuine skills they can utilize in the work environment, and they know that the students have a great opportunity of passing.
Students who struggle, can reword any test, so you get more than when possibility to pass and complete your course.
Acknowledgment for your research studies.
On the ICB programme, you get recognition for every single level of the programme you pass. So as you pass a level, you will get a certificate to recognise your success. This indicates that if you never ever finish the entire program, you still have a certificate for each level to put on your wall. Your college may also provide you a subject conclusion for every single topic you total.
The plan is that you do not leave empty-handed once you have passed a subject or a level in the program.
The difference between accounting courses and bookkeeping courses.
At the ICB accounting courses refer the lower levels of the programme. As you continue to the higher levels, the qualification names alter to “Accounting”.
So “accounting” is merely the initial levels, and “accounting” is the greater levels.
When you work as a bookkeeper, you are mainly hectic with the accurate recording of a company’s transactions and financial resources. As you get promoted, you may start dealing with the analysis and reporting on those numbers. Then you are an accountant.
Study Materials and Textbooks.
When you study from home with Skills Academy, all your books and study notes are included in your course charges. The distance learning study products are authorized and recommended by the ICB, so you understand that you are getting the ideal study materials to pass your ICB tests.
The ICB has numerous exam centres across South Africa. If you are not close enough to a test centre, then you can ask for personal invigilation. Nevertheless, this is generally an expensive option.
Here is an in-depth explanation of the exam dates and processes: Skills Academy ICB Exam Registration Process and Dates.
Here is a list of the ICB test centres: https://www.icb.org.za/exams/exam-centres.html
Last Updated: March 24th, 2017.