Mpumalanga Matric Results (2010 - 2020)
Jan Badenhorst, Education Specialist, on the last nine years' matric results with 2020 predictions for Mpumalanga
Mpumalanga ranked 6th provincially with a matric pass rate of 77%. This was a 2% decrease from the year before.
2016 saw a record number of matriculants writing their final examinations.
Mpumalanga stayed below the national average in 2017. Reasons for the sharp drop were service-delivery protests that caused serious academic disruptions for the class of 2017.
The class of 2018 took the matric pass rate of the province to 80%. Finally, the province moved above the national average that stood at 78%
The national pass rate sat at 81%, one % above the pass rate received by the Mpumalanga class of 2019.
When will you get your results?
IEB results: February 19 2021
National Senior Certificate results for all provinces except Western Cape: 6am on February 23 2021
National Senior Certificate results for Western Cape: 5am on February 24 2021
Get your Matric Results from your School or Exam Centre
Your full Statement of Results will be available at your school or exam centre on 23 February 2021, but remember:
- Social distancing
- Wear a mask!
- Follow covid safety rules at your school
The IEB (Independent Examinations Board) Matric Exam results for the Matric Class of 2020 will be released on Friday, 19 February 2021.
IEB Matric students can get their results as follows:
- Step 1: Go to this page: http://www.ieb-online.co.za/asp/login.aspx
- Step 2: Login with your Exam Number and your Birth Date
- Step 3: Click on the “submit” button
- Step 4: Get your results!
How to get your Matric Results via SMS 2021: Mpumalanga
- Step 1: Open a new SMS message on your phone
- Step 2: Fill in your ID Number AND Exam Number as the message
- Step 3: Both numbers must have 13 digits to be accepted
- Step 4: Send the SMS to this number: 35658
- Step 5: Note that the SMS will cost R3,00 (Free SMS does not apply)
- Step 6: Your exam number and ID number will be checked – if you send incorrect numbers it won’t work
- Step 7: You will get your results once they are made available on 23 February 2021
Newspapers Where You Can Find Your Matric Results
Options If You Are Unhappy With Your Results
It might happen that you are not happy with your matric results. You have until the 26th of March 2021 to apply for re-marking, re-checking or viewing of your examination paper.
To apply, you must fill in an application form for re-checking and re-marking. You will be able to find these forms at any District offices and your respective school. These application forms will also be made available at examinations centres where students wrote.
The fees are structures as follows:
- Re-mark: R120
- Re-check: R29
- Viewing: R234
Please keep in mind that a viewing of the exam paper can only be done after a re-mark or a re-check. The applications for this close 7 days after the release of the respective re-mark or re-check.
Any candidate that is from a non-paying school or who have been granted a concession on school fee payments do not have to pay for the remarking of rechecking.
Examination irregularities will mean that your matric results will be withheld. You can either:
- Contact your school or district office and ask why your results are being withheld.
- You can appeal in writing and apply to write the May/June examinations.
All students are given a second chance to write their matric exams in June 2021. This can be either because you want to improve your results or because you did not pass the first time.
Students who were absent during the combined November examinations can also write at this time. Applications close on the 26th of March 2021.
Author: Andrea Frisby