How To Make Matric Successessful?
There are three steps you need to follow to achieve success in matric.
Step 1: Choose Your Subjects Wisely
This is the first and most important step.
In Grade 10 you get the opportunity to choose your subjects for the remaining last three years of high school.
This choice can be difficult. These are the two reasons why it can be difficult:
- You are too young to make a set decision on your subjects
- The subjects you are good at during your grade 9 year might not turn out as great as you expected it to be in the remaining years of high school
How Should You Approach Subject Choice?
You need to determine three things:
- What are my interests?
- What am I good at?
- Do research on these subjects
These three things will push you in the right direction.
The Department of Basic Education gives students a guideline on how to choose their subjects. The Department of Higher Training and Education also gives students tips on how to choose their subjects. Here are their three questions to ask before choosing your subjects:
- What can I do with the different subjects offered?
- What subjects are compulsory for my career?
- What subjects are offered at my high school?
Step 2: What Career Do You See Yourself In?
This is the second step and the one that will determine which career is right for you.
The most important decision of your life is the career you choose as it is something that you will do for the rest of your life.
As cliche as it may sound, you have to love the career you are in. You do not want to go to work miserable.
How To Choose Your Career?
There are a few ways you can choose the right career path.
- Land your dream career that matches your personality
- Which work style best suits you
- Do a career quiz online
Career That Matches Your Personality
You need to know what you want in life. Learn more about yourself. Once you know what personality you have the better career choices you will make.
For example, if you like to convince people or communicate with people then sales or being a lawyer might be the perfect fit for you.
Work Style That Best Suits You
It is important to remember that your personality is different from your work style.
Just because you enjoy working with animals does not necessarily mean that you would like to become a veterinarian and work fixed office hours. Voluntary work might be a better fit for you.
Career Quiz Online
Consider taking a free career quiz online or you could invest in getting career guidance. This will guide you into a career you might enjoy.
Sometimes it’s best to get career advice from another person as you might not know what it is you want to do.
Step 3: Job Readiness
This is the final step and the one that will prepare you for your job. You need to be prepared when you step into your dream job. Here are some tips.
- Research the company you are interested in applying to
- Prepare for your interview
- Update your CV
- Upskill yourself
All of our resources are in both English and Afrikaans. We offer the following resources that will help make the best of your last year of school:
- Past Exam Papers For Basic Education
- Past Exam Papers For IEB Assessments
- Exam Resources
- Articles That Add Value To Students Lives
- Any News Related To Matric
- Helpful Videos On Matric By Matric College Principal
Past Exam Papers For Basic Education
We have past papers that date back to 2015. You can select the past paper of your choice as well as the year. The memo for each year is also provided. Here is our list of past papers for basic education:
- Language Papers
- Non-Language Papers
We offer a range of language papers. Here is a list of all our language subjects:
Here is a list with the different years of past papers:
Our non-language past papers are also available. If you are struggling with Mathematics or Life Sciences, we have past papers that will help you practice and find the answers you have been looking for.
Here is a list of the past papers we have collected:
Here is a variety of language past papers we have available at Matric College:
Here is a list of the language past papers we have collected for IEB Assessments:
- Online tutors
- Examination preparation classes
- Student support on Whatsapp
- School-based exemplar assessment exemplars
What Is The Meaning Of School-Based Assessment Exemplars?
School-based assessments are various forms of evaluation. This means that students get marks for various assessments at school throughout the year.
What Is The Value Of School-Based Assessments In Grade 12 Year?
Not only is this the final year of your high school career, but it is also the most important year. This determines two things:
- Which pass level you will achieve
- Your pass level will determine which tertiary institution you can apply at (University OR College)
- What subjects and assessments you are good at
Therefore, teachers should provide students with the best quality of education. This also means that students should try their best as this is the foundation for the next step into the adult world.
At Matric we provide school-based assessment guides to both students and teachers. These guides are also available in English and Afrikaans. Here is our collection:
These guides assist teachers, because they can look at the requirements students need to meet. Students need these guides because they need to know what is expected from them, this also gives them extra time to practise before the final exam. Here are the subjects for the guides that we have:
- English First Additional Language
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
Articles That Add Value To Students Lives
These articles help students with the advice they need as Grade 12 learners as well as what to do after matric.
Here are some of the many articles that assist students before and after matric
- Matric Courses
- What Are Matric Pass Requirements?
- How To Prepare For You Second Chance Matric
- How To Check Matric Results Online
- What Is My APS Score And How Do I Calculate It?
- Matric Symbols And Level
- What Happens After Matric
- Combining Your Matric Results
- Lost Matric Certificate
- What Is A Matric Upgrade And How Can I Get One?
We provide you with the latest examination timetables. These times tables also include changes that the Department of Basic Education has made. Here are the list of timetable we have:
Any News Related To Matric
At Matric College we provide our students with the latest news on anything related to Matric. We try to be the first to update our students and provide them with the necessary resources. Here are a few articles on our news page:
- Matric Exam Timetable Has Been Announced
- Results For The IEB NSC for May/June 2021 Have Been Approved By Umalusi
- Matric Exams Will Start On November 1st
- Teacher Navigation Packs
- The Best Ways To Prepare For The Exam
Helpful Videos On Matric By Matric College Principal
Jan Badenhorst, Matric College principal, has a few videos on Youtube explaining the frequently asked questions from students. These videos are also done in Afrikaans. Here is a few videos out of our collection of informative videos:
- Got Your Matric Results, Now What?
- Options If You Fail Matric
- Where to get your matric results
- How To Choose A Career
- Matric Results- How Are They Calculated
- Matric Pass Requirements
- Matric Rewrite- How Does It Work?
- Matric Upgrade
- Adult Matric
- Study Tips For Matric Students
- Lost Matric Certificate: How Do I Get A Replacement?
- How Do I Consolidate Two Matric Certificates
- What Is A Supplementary Exam?