Matric 2021 exam registration
Register for matric 2021 exams
There are two methods that you can use to register for your matric exams
- You can register online. Online registration closes on the 28th of February 2021.
- You could register manually at your education district office. Manual registrations have already opened and will close on March 12, 2021.
When Will the Exam Take Place?
The matric Senior Certificate exams will take place in May/June 2021. Your exam will be written in an exam centre set by your Provincial Education Department.
This is your second chance so make sure you are well prepared so that you meet the pass requirements. Here are the minimum pass requirements:
- Receive a 40% pass for three subjects, one being your official home language.
- Pass two subjects with a 30% pass rate, one being an additional first language or your home language.
- Receive a minimum of 20% for your sixth subject.
Online Registration Guidelines
When registering online, remember that there are a number of students who are also trying to register. Try to have patience because your application might take longer than expected.
If your application times out, try and sign in again, you will get through.
- Register your account on https://www.eservices.gov.za.
- Go to matric services and start a new registration.
- Upload a copy of your original ID and highest grade passed report. All documents have to be certified.
Once your application has been accepted by the Department of Education, you will be given a form with your exam venue on it.
You should then download the form and take it to the venue. Once you are at the venue, ask about any exam fees that need to be paid.
If you are 18-21 years and could not write your exam during your matric finals. You will need a certified letter from the Provincial Education Department, stating that it was a circumstance that you could not control.
Preparing for Your Exam
You have to make sure that your second chance counts! It is time for you to focus on your studies so that you ace those exams.
The Department of Education has provided a few great tips for you to use for your exam preparation.
- Have all of your study materials ready before you begin studying.
- Keep a positive mindset. Remind yourself how important this is.
- Talk a walk outside. Some fresh air will help with your learning.
- Split your study sessions. Don’t try to study everything at once. Your brain needs to process the information coming in.
- Try use colours and pictures
- Get some rest. You need to sleep at least 8 hours a night.
- Find someone who will help you revise by listening to your revision notes.
- Focus more on the parts that you struggle with and be confident in the sections you understand.
- Repetition is key! Keep studying and revising and you will get it.
- Reward yourself with some down time. Take breaks to relax.
Grab Your Second Chance by the Horns!
Once you have completed your Senior Certificate, you have the opportunity to further your studies. Matric College in partnership with Bellview Institute offers NATED distance learning courses that you can study.
Kick-start your career! Contact one of our course experts today.
Call us on 012 762 7100
Author: Omega Fumba