Life After Matric
- Whether you pass or fail your matric year, you still have options.
- Your matric pass level will determine which tertiary institutions you can attend and which programmes you can choose to study.
- Failing is not the end of the world. If you fail matric, you can still further your studies. Or, you can decide to redo your matric now or at a later stage.
Now that matric is finished, you need to know what life is like after matric. Whether you passed or failed your matric exams, you still have options.
Here is everything you need to know about life after matric.
Passing your matric finals is a great feeling. With a matric certificate, you can further your education at various levels. You can also move into a career now that you have a matric certificate.
What Can You Do With Your Pass
There are 4 different passes that you can get after matric. These are:
- Bachelor’s Degree Pass: This is the bare minimum needed to apply for University. Keep in mind that specific degrees require certain APS’.
- Diploma Pass: With a diploma pass, you can study for a diploma course.
- Higher Certificate Pass: A higher certificate pass means that you can apply to study for a higher certificate.
- National Senior Certificate Pass: This is the bare minimum needed to pass matric. With this pass, you can apply for courses that only require a matric certificate or courses that do not.
Click here to calculate your APS to see if you can apply for specific courses.
Failing is not the end of the world. After failing matric, you still have options. You can still build a successful career without ever having a matric certificate. You can:
- Redo your matric with Second Chance Matric
- Do Adult Matric later in life
- Get a matric equivalent certificate
- Study without matric
Second Chance Matric
Second Chance Matric is a great way to get your matric certificate. You can redo your examinations and try to pass a second time.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for your Second Chance Matric Exams.
Matric Equivalent Certificates
Matric is not everything. You can even get a matric equivalent certificate that can grant you entry in courses that either requires a matric certificate or equivalent. Many NATED courses offer this option when applying.
These two courses can be used as matric equivalent certificates:
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Bookkeeping – NQF level 4. SAQA ID 58376. Credits: 130
- National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management – NQF level 4. SAQA ID 48736. Credits: 120
Studying Without Matric
You can further your education without a matric certificate. Many colleges offer courses that you can study without a matric certificate.
These courses include courses from the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers. Each ICB course is considered a scarce or critical skill and can guarantee you a job and a steady salary.
These reputable colleges offer courses without matric, ICB and NATED Courses:
Author: Andrea Frisby