ICB Financial Accounting Courses
Are you interested in a career in financial accounting? Are you good with numbers and eager to learn a scarce skill?
What are ICB courses?
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers offer accredited business qualifications and act as marker and examiner.
All ICB Course certificates and qualifications are awarded to you by FASSET, the Financial and Accounting Sector Education Aid.
Benefits of studying an ICB accredited course
Studying an ICB accredited course has a lot of benefits!
- Long distance learning: Long distance learning means saving money on transport! You can also keep earning a salary and study while you work!
- Nationally and internationally recognised: With ICB accredited courses, you will have a nationally and internationally recognised qualification. You can work anywhere!
- Cheaper than a full time contact course: Long distance learning is often cheaper than a full time contact course! That in itself is enough of a reason to pick an ICB course.
Quality learning experience: ICB ensures a quality learning experience! You’ll receive the best care through Matric College and the Skills Academy.
What is Financial Accounting?
Financial Accounting is keeping track of the financials of a business. Their duties include:
- Filing taxes
- Recording business expenses
- Drawing up monthly and yearly budgets
- Creating cash flow statements
- Advising project funding
The qualities needed to be a financial accounting
Financial Accountants need a few qualities that set them apart from other careers. If you’re thinking of becoming a Financial Accountant, these are the qualities you’ll need:
- Good communication skills: This includes both written and verbal communication. Make sure you’re able to communicate well though both channels!
- Deadline oriented: Taxes and finances are all about deadlines. To be a financial accountant
- Negotiation skills: You need to be able to handle yourself and your speech. To be a financial accountant you need to know how to negotiate with colleges and business owners.
- Develop strong working relationships: Working relationships are important. You need to be able to develop strong working relationships with your colleagues because you’ll be spending a lot of time together.
- Reliable and trustworthy: Because you’re always dealing with financials and money, you have to be trustworthy and reliable.
Benefits of being a financial accountant
Here are a few benefits of being a financial accountant!
- Start your own business: As a financial accountant, you can start your own business and help others with all their accounting needs.
Scare skill: Accounting is a scarce skill. This means that it is in demand. With a financial accounting qualification, you’ll find it easier to get a job.
- The pay is good: What more is there to say? Accountants get paid well!
- You understand how a business works: With experience in accounting, you’ll very soon understand how a business works and what work goes into starting your own.
Career opportunities having studied Financial Accounting
With a qualification in financial accounting, there are many career paths you can go into! Here are a few examples:
- Bookkeeper: You’ll keep records of the business financials
- Junior Accountant: Manage daily accounts and compile financial reports
- Credit Controller: Their job is to manage the credit and debit aspects of a business. This ensures that all payments are made on time
- Business Analyst: Simply, they analyse the needs of the business.
Accounting Technician: Accounting technicians prepare accounts, reports, budgets and financial statements.
Where do I sign up?
Excited? We are ready for your call! Give us a call on 012 762 7100 where one of our consultants will be ready to answer any questions or walk you through the process!
Start your future today!
Get your official ICB 2020 Exam timetable for distance learning students is now by clicking the button below.
See Video On How We Can Help You Get A Matric
Last Updated: September 11, 2020
Updated by: Andrea Frisby