ICB correspondence learning refers to studying ICB through distance learning. You can study ICB through distance learning. Distance learning is also referred to as online. Learning. It is so-called because online tools such as the following as used when studying through distance learning:
Is Distance Learning For Me?
Yes, distance learning can be for you. Consider the following:
- Save costs
- Work and study
- Stay safe
- Study at your own place – Studying at your own pace means that there are no chances of you falling behind, as happens in contact learning. When you study, you can go on to the next topic after you are satisfied that you have understood the previous one.
- Study in your own time – Studying in your own time is another element that makes distance learning a good choice. Set your own study timetable that fits your schedule. What is important though is that you must stick to your timetable as much as possible.
- Study anywhere – With distance learning, you can study from anywhere in South Africa. Distance is not a barrier to learning. You will however need to have access to the internet. This is because you have to hand in your assignments through email.
When you study through distance learning, you can save some money. Here is where you can make some savings:
- No textbooks to buy – Matric College will provide you with textbooks and study notes. Not only that, but you will also get other relevant study material.
- No transport costs – because you can study from anywhere, there are no costs associated with attending classes.
- Fees are affordable – Tuition fees for distance learning are affordable. Payment plans can be put in place if need be.
Work And Study
Another beauty of distance learning is that you are not restricted by the fact that you are in full-time employment. You can study in your free time at a place that suits you and at the times that are convenient to you.
With distance learning, you can stay safe from COVID-19. As they say, stay home and stay safe. There is no mixing and mingling with other people when since you will not travel to classes.
Why Should I Study An ICB Course?
Scarce Skills Courses
ICB Courses are scarce skills courses. Scarce skills courses are programmes of study whose skills and knowledge are in demand. The skills and knowledge are being sought by employers in the job market. What this means is that it will not take you a long time to secure employment as soon as you complete your ICB Course.
The ICB programmes are accredited by the following bodies:
- SAQA – South African Qualifications Authority
- DHET – Department of Higher Education and Training
- ICB – Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
- QCTO– Quality Council for Trades and Occupations
- ACCA – Association of Chartered Certified Accountants – UK
- CIMA – Chartered Institute of Management Accountants – UK
- IAB – International Association of Bookkeepers – UK
- IAAP – International Association of Accounting Professionals – UK
- SAIT – South African Institute of Tax Practitioners
- SAIBA – South African Institute Of Business Accountants
Study By Distance Learning
You can study ICB Courses through distance learning. With distance learning, you will not attend classes. You can also work if you study by distance learning. It will be to your advantage if you work in an environment where you can practice what you are studying. This means that you will also gain work experience while you are studying.
What Study Programmes Does ICB Offer?
Here is the full list of courses that are offered by the ICB:
- ICB Financial Accounting
- ICB Business Management
What Qualifications Do I Need To Study ICB Courses?
Can I Study Directly Through ICB?
No, you can not study directly with the ICB. The ICB does not offer any tuition, and neither does it provide any learning materials. ICB tuition is offered through their accredited Learning Providers. Matric College is an accredited Learning Provider of the ICB.
Here are the functions of the ICB:
- Providing the syllabus
- Setting the exams
- Marking the exams
- Registering students
- Setting exam fees and other associated costs
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Setting the exam timetables
- Administrative tasks
Where Can I Study An ICB Course?
You can study for an ICB Course at Matric College. When you are ready to study an ICB course, you will need to register with Matric College first before you register with the ICB. Remember, Matric College is a distance learning institution. This means that you do not attend any classes. You can study at home, or anywhere you are comfortable.
How Do I Register With ICB?
To register with the ICB, follow these simple steps:
- Click here to register directly with ICB
- Fill in all the relevant details
- Click register
- You will be redirected to another page where you must fill in all the required personal information
- You will then be able to log in with your new details
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Hard To Be A Bookkeeper?
It is not hard to be a bookkeeper. Here are some tips that can make your studies a breeze:
- Have a study timetable
- Make sure you stick to your timetable
- Have a quiet and comfortable room in which you study. Make sure that there are no unnecessary distractions
- Hand in your assignments in time every time
- Reflect on the feedback from your tutor
- Discuss with your tutor those areas that you are struggling with
- Ask questions
- Study with friends and discuss topics
- Prepare thoroughly for your exams
- Get exam tips from Matric College
- Write your exam
- Pass your exams
- Get certified
Are Bookkeepers In High Demand?
Yes, Bookkeepers are in high demand. This is because there is no organisation that can do well without a Bookkeeper. Every organisation needs a Bookkeeper. The function of a Bookkeeper is to record every transaction that an organisation does. This helps an organisation to determine how much money is coming into an organisation and how much is going out.
Author: Collin Wilbesi
Editor: Razeen Dollie
Date: June 22, 2022