Human Resources: The NATED Way
- With a Human Resource Management qualification, you can go down many different career paths.
- There are 3 NATED courses in Human Resource Management. After completing each course you will get a National Certificate.
- Many reputable colleges in South Africa offer NATED courses in Human Resource Management.
- You can apply for the first NATED Human Resource Management course with a matric certificate or equivalent.
What NATED Has To Offer
NATED offers 3 Human Resource Management courses:
- National Certificate in Human Resource Management N4
- National Certificate in Human Resource Management N5
- National Certificate in Human Resource Management N6
Each course builds upon the previous. That means that you must first complete N4 to do N5 and then N5 to N6.
3 NATED courses fall under Human Resources. This stream of courses can be started with a matric equivalent certificate.
What is Human Resource Management?
Human Resource Management is all about managing the employees of a company. HR is put in place to ensure that employees performance is maximized and that employees are kept in good hands.
As an HR manager, you would also be responsible for the hiring or dismissing of staff members.
Other responsibilities include:
- Staff training and recruitment
- Maintaining good working conditions
- Overall staff performance management
- Planning benefits and salaries
- Compiling all HR data and analytics
What Careers Can You Start With an HR Qualification?
There are many career paths that you can go into with an HR qualification. These careers include:
- HR Officer
- Career Advisor
- Life Coach
- Management Consultant
- Sales Manager
- Talent Agent
- Office Manager
- Occupational Psychologist
- Business Advisor
Applying for NATED Human Resource Management
To apply for the NATED Human Resource Management N4 course, you need either a matric certificate or equivalent. That means that you do not have to have finished school to apply.
If you have one of these matric equivalent certificates, you can apply without a matric:
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Bookkeeping – NQF level 4. SAQA ID 58376. Credits: 130
- National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management – NQF level 4. SAQA ID 48736. Credits: 120
Where to Study NATED
Author: Andrea Frisby