How to get your matric results from the Department of Basic Education?
- Step 1: Visit the Department of Basic Education website.
- Step 2: Register using your details. (Please note you can only register for matric results until February 22nd the day before the marks are released).
- Step 3: Click on the link for 2020 NSC exam results.
- Step 4: Enter your examination number.
- Step 5: Your results will appear on the screen.
- Step 6: Click the download button and print.
Matriculants should get their Statement of Results from the school/exam centre where they wrote their exams.
You need to keep in mind that your results may be excluded from the results published on this website, this may happen because of technical reasons.
If your results do not show, the candidate should enquire at the centre where they wrote or the district/provincial office.
How do you get old matric results?
If you have lost or damaged your original certificate, you are able to replace it. You can replace your certificate by visiting your nearest Department of Basic Education or Provincial Education Department offices.
You can also apply through the DBE website for an online reissue.
These are the fees to get your old matric results
- R130 for replacing a certificate
- R180 for the statement of results
If you would like more information on getting a matric certificate, click here for a step by step guide.
Learners can also get their results via SMS by registering through an SMS system. Here is how you can use the USSD service:
- Dial *120*35658#
- Enter your ID number.
- Wait for confirmation that you have registered.
Author: Omega Fumba