Financial Accounting and ICB
- ICB offers 5 study streams that can all be considered scarce skills. 4 of these courses can be started without a matric certificate.
- WIth an ICB qualification, you are more likely to find employment. This is because employers hold ICB qualifications in high regard.
- Financial Accounting is an in-demand qualification. You can expect to find a stable job with a respectable salary in this field.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers offers 5 study streams, one of which is Financial Accounting. This stream is made up of 4 courses:
Who Is ICB?
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is a distance learning institute. Each of their 5 study streams focuses on financial and business management.
All of their qualifications are scarce or critical skills. That means that you will find it easier to get a job with an ICB qualification.
These courses are both nationally and internationally recognized. With one, you can essentially work anywhere in the world. Due to their high reputation, ICB qualifications are preferred by employers.
What is Financial Accounting?
Financial accounting is all about managing the finances of a business. The responsibilities include:
- Compiling and filing of taxes
- Keeping records or expenses
- Compiling monthly and yearly budgets
- Formulating cash flow statements
- Advising departments on project funding
Why Should I Study Financial Accounting?
There are many reasons why you should study accounting. A few of these are:
- It is a scarce skill: Accounting and bookkeeping are considered a scarce skill in South Africa. That means that these qualifications are in demand. You will find it a lot easier to get a job.
- You will get well paid: As an accountant, you can expect to get a good salary. This also has to do with the high demand for accountants
- You can build on your qualification: Each ICB qualification allows you to build on it with a further qualification. You can work yourself up to a diploma and later potentially a degree.
- There are many career paths: With an accounting qualification, you can go into many careers. You could even become the CEO of a company.
- You can start your own business: You can also start your own accounting business and freelance as an accountant. That means choosing your working hours and clients.
- You will understand finance: Understanding accounting means understanding finance. That’s a great way to learn everything you need to about starting, growing and maintaining a profitable business.
Do I Need A Matric Certificate?
You do not need a matric certificate to start studying ICB Financial Accounting.
You can start the first course with just a grade 10 certificate.
Where Can I Study Financial Accounting?
Author: Andrea Frisby