- Distance learning is a great choice to make when deciding to further your education. Not only can you work from home, but you can also remain employed while you improve your education.
- All the courses offered by ICB are scarce skills. That means that you can build a successful career with these qualifications without ever finishing matric.
- Matric equivalent certificates are more useful than matric certificates for students who do not do well in academics. ICB offers two qualifications that double as matric equivalent certificates.
- Some higher education courses accept matric certificates or matric equivalent certificates when applying.
All Of Their Courses Are Scarce Skills
Here are all the courses offered by The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers:
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers offers courses in business and financial management. Each of their courses are scarce or critical skills.
This means that they are in demand in South Africa mainly because very few people have them and most companies need them.
With a scarce skill qualification, you are more likely to find employment. You can also expect to earn a respectable salary with critical skills. Keep in mind that all of these qualifications are internationally recognised.
When you decide to further your education with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers, there are a few things you need to know:
- You can choose distance learning
- All of their courses are scarce skills
- You can study without a matric certificate
- You can study towards a matric equivalent certificate
You Can Study Towards A Matric Equivalent Certificate
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers offers 2 certificates that double as matric equivalent certificates. These courses are:
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Bookkeeping – NQF level 4. SAQA ID 58376. Credits: 130
- National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management – NQF level 4. SAQA ID 48736. Credits: 120
Matric equivalent certificates are more useful for students who do not do well in academics.
By the time you would have received your matric certificate in traditional schooling, you could be building a career with a matric equivalent certificate.
This is because a matric equivalent certificate gives you a specialised set of skills. For instance, you will learn how to do bookkeeping and can then move on to accounting.
Whereas a matric certificate gives you a very broad and general set of skills. It is very hard to find good employment with just a matric certificate. It is a lot easier to find employment with a matric equivalent certificate in a scarce skill.
You Can Choose Distance Learning
Distance learning is a great option to choose when you are thinking of furthering your education. There are a few reasons why distance learning is a better choice than contact learning. These include:
- Studying from home: Since you do not have to go to class, you can study from the comfort of your home.
- Studying while you work: With distance learning, you can study and work at the same time. Now that you do not have to go to class, you can do your work when it suits you. As long as it is completed by the due date, it does not matter when you do it.
- Get promotions: Choosing distance learning while you work means learning new skills that can help your job performance. Overall this means that you could get a promotion with your new set of skills. It also shows your employer that you can handle working and studying.
- Saving money: Not having to travel to school or find accommodation that might be closer will save you a lot of money.
- It is cheaper: Overall, the cost of distance learning is often cheaper than contact learning. That is because you do not have to go into class.
You Can Study Without A Matric Certificate
You do not need a matric certificate to study with ICB. Four out of three of their courses can be started with either a grade 10 or grade 11 certificate. Office Administration is the only study stream that requires a matric certificate to apply.
If you left school with a grade 10 certificate, you can still build a successful career without finishing school. The same goes for leaving school with just your grade 11 certificate.
Jan Badenhorst, CEO of Matric College, discusses everything you need to know about ICB
Author: Andrea Frisby
Last Updated: Sanel Van Staden, 2 July 2021