Entrepreneurs Who Did Not Finish High School
Date Published: December 11, 2020
Yes, you can be a successful entrepreneur without ever having finished your matric year. We are often told that the only way to be successful is with a matric certificate, which is not true.Â
While a matric certificate will help in terms of finding a job, it is not the only way that you can further your education and be successful.Â
Here is everything you need to know about being successful without a matric certificate.Â
5 Entrepreneurs Who Did Not Finish School
Most of the world’s most famous and successful entrepreneurs did not finish their matric year. These include icons like:
- Sir Richard Branson: The owner of Virgin records dropped out of school and still went on to become one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the world.
- Walt Disney: You cannot turn on the TV without giving some credit to Walt Disney. Unable to finish high school, this entrepreneur went on to become one of the biggest names in animation.Â
- Ray Kroc: The founder of McDonaldâs, one of the most popular fast-food chains worldwide, never finished high school. Yet he went on to become one of the world’s most famous entrepreneurs.Â Â
- David Karp: The founder of Tumblr never finished high school. His innovative, entrepreneurial mindset had him develop this popular blog hosting site. He then sold it to Yahoo for $1.1 Billion.Â
- Amancio Ortega: The Spanish founder of the clothing brand Zara, never finished his high school career. Yet he pursued a career in entrepreneurship and is now the richest man in Spain with a clothing empire.
Studying Without a Matric Certificate
You can further your education without ever needing a matric certificate. This means if you failed or were unable to complete your final year, you still have a chance at building a successful career.Â
- National Certificate in Small Business Financial Management
- Higher Certificate in Office AdministrationÂ
- National Diploma in Financial AccountingÂ
ICB also offers courses in:
Matric College also offers many other courses that you can study without a matric certificate. Click here to view all of their courses.
Getting Your Matric Certificate
Author: Andrea FrisbyÂ