Educare focuses on the education, care, and development of young children. When it comes to Educare, you will be working in the following areas:
- Educational psychology.
- Child nutrition.
- First aid and overall health.
- Psychological development.
Educare Courses: National Qualifications (NATED)
Watch the College Principle explain everything you need to know about What Can I Do With My N6 Educare Certificate on YouTube.
Why Should I Choose Educare?
Choosing to study an Educare qualification can be one of the most important career fields. This is because you are helping to build the lives, confidence, and education of young children.
Having a National Qualification (NATED) in Educare also means that you can further both your studies and increase your employment opportunities.
With an N4 National Qualification, you can apply to study an N5 National Qualification Course. After which, you are eligible to apply for the N6 National Qualification.
With an N6 National Certificate, you can complete 18 months of industry work-related experience and apply for a National Diploma certificate.
He is the application requirements for each of the Educare National Certificate Courses:
- N4 Educare National Certificate Course: To apply for this course you must have a matric pass certificate. You cannot apply for the N4 Educare course with a matric equivalent certificate.
- N5 Educare National Certificate Course: To apply for this course you must have an N4 Educare National Certificate.
- N6 Educare National Certificate Course: To apply for this course you must have an N5 Educare National Certificate.
- N6 Educare National Diploma: To be able to achieve an N6 Educate National Diploma, you must have an N6 National Certificate alongside 18 months of industry-specific work experience. Provided that this work experience has been approved by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
You can then apply to receive your National Diploma in Educare.
Possible Careers With an Educare Qualification
With a Diploma in Educare, you cannot become a grade R teacher. Instead, you can branch into one of the following careers:
- Au Pairing.
- Child Health and Nutrition Professional.
- Day Care Administrator.
- Day Care Manager.
What are NQF Levels?
The NQF is also known as the National Qualifications Framework. NQF levels are used to measure all accredited academic courses in South Africa, from grade 9 to doctorate degrees.
This is to ensure that all South African qualifications can be measured according to the same set of requirements.
Educare NQF Levels
Here are the NQF levels for each Educare National Qualification:
- N4 National Certificate in Educare: NQF Level 5.
- N5 National Certificate in Educare: NQF Level 5.
- N6 National Certificate in Educare: NQF Level 5.
- N6 National Diploma in Educare: NQF Level 6 (only attainable with 18 months of approved work experience.)
Getting a National Diploma Without a Diploma Pass
It is possible to get a National Diploma if you have a matric pass level lower than a Diploma Pass.
To achieve a National Diploma in Educare, you must follow these steps:
- Apply for the N4 National Qualification Course in Educare with your matric certificate.
- Complete your N4, N5, and N6 National Qualification Course in Educare.
- Complete 18 months of industry-specific work experience.
- Send your work experience logbook to the Department of Higher Education and Training for approval.
- Once your work experience has been approved and you have your N6 National Certificate in Educare, you can get your National Diploma.
Looking To Gain Practical Work Experience That Will Set You Apart From All Other Applicants?
Sign up for DHET’s FREE placement service either after or during your studies! Your online profile will be matched with employers in your field who are looking for people like you to take part in Work Integrated Learning (WIL) and Workplace-Based Learning (WBL).
Choosing Matric College
There are many reasons why you should decide to choose to study through Matric College.
Benefits of Studying With Matric College
The benefits of studying with Matric College include:
- All your study material costs are included in the course fees.
- After your successful registration, your study material will be couriered to your door.
- You will be added to our tutoring Whatsapp group along with your classmates.
- You will have access to all of our past papers.
- Our tutors are available from 8 am- 5 pm to assist all of our students with any of their coursework.
- You will be able to send all of your assignments to our tutors for feedback. This feedback will help you improve in specific sections before you decide to write your final exams.
- We will invite you to join our online exam preparation workshops to help you achieve the best marks possible.
- We will help you register for your exams when you are ready to write.
Distance learning is a very good choice for many students for the following reasons:
- You can work from home since you are not required to attend classes.
- You can continue to work whilst furthering your studies.
- You do not need to organise transportation or accommodation for the course of your choosing.
- All of your study material will be included in your fees and will be delivered to your door.
- Your new skills and time management abilities could make you eligible for a promotion if you are studying whilst working.
Jan Badenhorst, CEO of Matric College, discusses everything you need to know about our Educare Courses
Our Educare National Qualification (NATED) Courses
Author: Andrea Frisby
Last Updated: Sanel Van Staden, 21 July 2021