5 Useful Revision Tips for Exams
With the year coming to an end, exams are something that is hovering over students. This means hundreds and thousands of students all across the country start panicking about their studies, exams and last but not the least, the preparation. You should know that it’s not time to panic and that it’s never too late to start your revision. Let’s take a look at the top 5 winning revision tips that should give you a kick start and an underlying confidence before the exams:
1. Chalk out a timetable: Research claims that shorter 20- 30-minute study routines work better than the non-realistic long spells. Therefore, it is better to be practical while chalking out the structure/ study pattern to follow. Also, taking breaks at regular intervals works best.
2. Physical Activity: During intense study routines and exams, exercising is extremely important. You could consider taking a 30 minute jog or walk early in the morning as well. This will make a huge difference to your wellbeing. It will also increase your heart rate and make your blood circulate faster ensuring more oxygen reaches your brain. This is also clinically proved to reduce tiredness and stress.
3. Secure a quiet place: Goes without saying but you need a silent place to study at. A few uninterrupted hours would do no harm. Secure one place for your studies and ask your family and friends to not venture into that area, as that is your silent place. Doing this religiously will also keep you away from getting distracted and secures your concentration as well.
4. Start Early: Morning is an amazing part of the day to start your studying routine. Make it a point to start early and try to stick to your revision timetable. Another reason to start early in the morning is that research shows, you are likely to work more as pre-planned. In addition, studying early helps you grasp faster and lay more concentration than you would at late hours of the day.
5. Past papers Test: Get a hold of the past papers of all the subjects. Familiarizing yourself with the question paper patterns and types of questions being asked would benefit you largely at the time of the exam. This will help you save time and help you score more marks in the exams. Also, every year the moderator usually sets question papers similar to the ones in the past few years.
Therefore, if you’re giving your board exams, practicing the past year question papers are vital. In addition, if you are among those students that find math as a subject extremely difficult; waste no more time and Google ‘math board papers for class 12’ to get a hold of the past years question papers.
Start having a look at options for study in your free time. Once your exams are over, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy the holidays without worry about next year if you’ve already decided on what and where to study. Getting an accredited qualification is an important step in starting your career.
TWP Academy offers the following courses which are accredited by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB):
- Financial Accounting Courses – ICB
- Office Administration Courses – ICB
- Business Management Courses – ICB
- Public Sector Accounting – ICB
- Entrepreneurship Courses – ICB
-Nachita Rajesh Jaiswal (Article here)